Under the direction of the Vice President, Health Products & Services, the Medicare and Pharmacy Relationship Manager is responsible for the oversight of a multi-product portfolio including the AARP-branded Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans and the AARP Prescription Discount Program providing coverage and services to millions of Americans. They are responsible for multi-year strategic planning, annual business plan follow-through, market-specific branding analysis, CMS Star quality performance analysis, monitoring and assessment of operational and functional attributes such as marketing and member experience. Ensures the programs meet the highest levels of quality, satisfaction and service, have benefit designs and that deliver high member value incorporating branding initiatives and strategic differentiators. The ability to leverage influence across companies of substantial size.
- Oversees the development of annual business plans for the portfolio of products and manages provider progress against the products’ marketing, finance, distribution, and operating plans through analytical discipline, including financial analysis.
- Oversees the providers’ development of the overall programs’ service level metrics; customer satisfaction goals; and performance on CMS STAR ratings and other key performance indicators.
- Works with appropriate departments to ensure alignment with key initiatives and leverage influence via matrix management capabilities over several levels. Develop and implement brand and compliance risk mitigation activities, as well as provide quality control monitoring of benefit planning, operations, distribution, customer service and marketing.
- Manage and implements program reporting plans, including quality, quality control, management tables for marketing, distribution and customer experience.
- Oversee management controls to ensure compliance with new and existing contracts in consultation with ASI Legal and Compliance and Contract Management and carrier’s compliance department.
- Ensures that vendors are audited for quality control and identification of program improvements to address relevant consumer needs.
- A minimum or 5+ years of healthcare program/product development/management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
- Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communications skills to complex and diverse audiences.
- Proficient in quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- General product knowledge in all areas (operations, development, marketing/sales, service, claims, and etc.) of programs supported.
- Strong experience with health insurance products and business background, especially with Medicare and pharmacy products.
- Ability to build productive relationships and work effectively with multiple levels and disciplines of program providers.
- Ability to make good business decisions through a combination of collaboration and analysis, knowledge, skilled in conflict resolution, negotiations, and lead effective cross-functional teams while exercising good judgment in sensitive situations.
- Proactive manager that fully understands the principles of continuous improvement, constantly evaluates and identifies areas for improvement, and initiates positive change.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to identify needed action plans to be taken to effectively manage successful programs.
- Ability to manage multiple products, projects and external vendors building consensus and strong productive business relationships
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.