FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Reseach and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Quantitative Research Intern in Washington, DC. This position will be for 3-6 months supporting a variety of research projects within our program areas. Ideal start date in December 2019.
The Quantitative Research Intern will be a part of the Research and Evaluation Department, housed in Global Education, Employment, and Engagement (G3E) Business Unit. This Intern role will provide an opportunity for Master's or PhD students to develop knowledge and skills across their areas of interest in research while gaining insight into business operations at FHI 360. In addition, the Intern will have the ability to apply academic concepts and prior research experience to the organization's current research activities. Under the supervision of the Research Scientist or Technical Lead the Quantitative Intern will carry out tasks pertaining to primary and secondary data cleaning, set up and management. The tasks will be the following, but not limited to:
- Support research lead with instrument development and QA testing
- Provide analytic support to research activities as necessary
- Contribute to Research Evaluation working papers and reports by assisting with the statistical treatment of data, production of data reports and visuals
- Support data management and analytic tasks pertaining to various Global Education, Employment, and Engagement projects supported by the Research and Evaluation department.
The skills and experience desired for a successful Intern are as follows:
- Experience and facility managing large-scale datasets
- STATA proficiency experience in cleaning data and merging multiple datasets
- Familiarity with international education data sources and indicators
- Coursework training in econometrics and statistics
- Experience writing manuscripts or reports
- Proficiency with Excel for data management, writing macros and other complex operations
- Prior experience as a Research Assistant to faculty highly desired
- Excellent communication skills.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.