NBD is proud of the important role it plays at PSI. The NBD team is known as a group of quick-thinking and strategic folks who do what it takes to get the job done. The NBD team is responsible for PSI's fundraising activities with its institutional donor partners, including USAID, DFID, and many other governments and foundations.
We are looking for Two Program Assistants (PAs) to manage PSI's systems for identifying, tracking, and pursuing new business opportunities with government and private sector donors. They will provide administrative support for proposal and budget development and will support institutional knowledge for the New Business department. We are looking for people passionate about contributing to the health of those we serve, excellent writing skills, and an uncanny attention to detail. These are full-time positions based in Washington, D.C.
These positions will report to the Manager, New Business Development.
- Opportunity Management: Tracking funding opportunities for PSI and alerting country staff to requests for proposals and all relevant deadlines.
- General Administration: Maintaining a department calendar to track all deadlines, drafting general donor correspondence, coordinating consultants and travel for New Business staff, maintaining department records and performing other tasks as requested.
- New Donor Prospecting: Assisting New Business staff in developing fundraising strategies and preparing background research on prospective donors.
- Proposal Development: Assisting with administrative components of assigned proposals, and developing relevant charts, tables, graphics and other annexes, while also coordinating production and submission of proposals.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- You have a minimum of 1 years experience in fast-paced work environment.
- You have advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel and Word.
- You're a strong writer, with diplomacy and interpersonal communication skills.
- You can impress us with your organizational skills, attention to detail, and timeliness.
- You don't wait to be told what to do. You see a need and you meet it; you're bold.
- References will be required.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- The successful candidates will be required to pass a background check.
What would get us excited?
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills. You are able to work with many people across diverse backgrounds and are an excellent writer.
- Familiarity with international health issues. You have experience in and passion for public health, particularly in developing countries. French or Spanish abilities would be a bonus.
- Mind for Process Improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won't hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen.
- Champion of Fun. You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. We like people with a team attitude who smile and encourage others through both easy and tough tasks.