This position is part of the Academic Programs Team within the Global Connections Department, which designs and implements professional development exchanges and scholarship programming, both the United States and third-countries. The Academic Programs team is seeking a Program Assistant to support the portfolio. The Program Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative, programmatic, and logistical support. S/he will work as part of a collaborative team that ensures outcomes and quality program across multiple projects.
- Provide day to day administrative support for the academic program team that may include coordination of procurement and tracking expenses;
- Reviewing program reports, financial requests, and facilitating the payment process;
- Reviewing program proposals and assisting with the set-up of service agreements;
- Ensure integrity of project data though use of tracking tools and adherence to documentation protocols;
- Review program data and documentation in SharePoint, ensuring file management adheres to protocols;
- Coordinates and maintains records management and serve as a primary resource for assistance to the academic team.
- Assist with travel and other logistics for academic program exchanges, visits and staff travel as necessary; and
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff;
- Good writing and editing skills in English;
- Ability to work well in a team and meet multiple deadlines;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel;
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred; and
- This position has no supervisory responsibility but require using independent judgment to determine workflow and priorities
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.