The Specialist, Paralegal will help administer key agency compliance and ethics processes and provide general administrative support for the Office of General Counsel.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Review, analyze and follow-up internally on compliance and ethics matters delegated to the Office of General Counsel; draft and send correspondence and reports concerning these matters; maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date electronic records (45%)
- Serve as a day-to-day administrator of the agency compliance and ethics hotline; manage user profiles and system access for individual users; train new users of the system; producing periodic and ad-hoc reports on request; manage the relationship with the service provider (10%)
- Conduct background checks and respond to questions concerning agency background check requirements (10%)
- Provide general administrative support to the Office of General Counsel, including reviewing monthly expenses for accuracy, submitting invoices for payment, assisting department staff with scheduling, travel, and expense reimbursement, and ensuring compliance with agency-wide policies and procedures (20%)
- Assist the General Counsel in coordinating management support for the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees, including scheduling, preparation of materials, and minute taking (10%)
- Prepare and file routine regulatory reports on behalf of Save the Children and its affiliates (5%)
High School Diploma
- Paralegal certification or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a paralegal at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- A high degree of professionalism, demonstrated attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience documenting and reporting on compliance matters, including experience with compliance case management software
- Experience working in an organization with international operations
- Experience with, or knowledge of, nonprofit organizations and/or international development and humanitarian operations
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to U.S. government grants and contracts
- Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid holidays
What makes us special!
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
- Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
- Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
- Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
- Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Language learning opportunities
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Brown Bag information sharing sessions
- Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
May 15 2019
Jun 15 2019
Save the Children US