FHI 360 seeks an energetic, outgoing Knowledge and Collaboration Management Specialist with expertise in communications, facilitation of operational best practices, learning solutions design, and building and sustaining dynamic communities of practice.
Responsible for supporting cross-organizational efforts to enhance knowledge sharing and collaboration as well as being the main communication arm of Knowledge Exchange (KX). Supports FHI 360’s Knowledge Exchange and Project Management Quality and Support (PMQS) teams in communicating and building capacity in project staff job knowledge, operating systems and processes, and quality frameworks.
- Plans, manages, facilitates, and creates curriculum for knowledge and project quality sharing events and outreach including monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, trainings, and peer learning sessions.
- Identify and curate technical and operational content – in collaboration with technical experts, research, design, operational leadership and implement technical content strategies.
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other Knowledge Management activities are clear and documented.
- Support knowledge management and organizational learning activities specifically dealing with operational best practices –contribute and grow methods, approaches, and practice in knowledge management, quality and organizational/project learning for international development.
- Work collaboratively with peers – work within KX team and closely with other teams including communications, web development, training, and assessing and learning to ensure alignment and cohesion.
- Develops and supports communities of practice to advance FHI 360 technical leadership, knowledge generation and sharing, and other strategic and operational objectives.
- Facilitates and expands a Project Leader On-boarding program that supports organization and job understanding and improved performance among senior project staff.
- Champions, facilitates, and builds awareness and capacity in organizational policies, procedures, initiatives, and frameworks among internal clients.
- Promotes knowledge-sharing, project management and quality assurance best practices and processes in the organization, often by championing specific initiatives (e.g., facilitating communities of practice, organizing knowledge-sharing events, trainings, and other capacity building events).
- Develops and maintains close ties with the Operations Management team and FHI 360 projects and promotes their priorities within communities of practice, etc.
- Responds to requests and ad hoc needs for business development purposes, e.g., Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPAR), Past Performance References, etc.
- Researches and promotes collaboration tools, approaches, and technology that enhance sharing of ideas and experiences among internal teams and external partners; coordinates closely with management to develop and implement knowledge management approaches to meet the needs of the organization.
- Facilitates the compilation of program descriptions via background research and project director interviews
- Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Serves as active member of KX’s team in implementing operational initiatives, goals, and objectives.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate to complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
- Resolves moderate to complex multi-sector issues affecting the business operations of the Business Unit; and facilitates better interaction and cooperation between the Business Unit and enterprise services departments.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, and techniques for obtaining results.
- Understanding that decisions made generally affect a department’s operations and may impact overall business activities.
- Sets goals and budgets, in conjunction with department leadership, develops and implements procedures, and trains staff to achieve results.
- Develops and recommends solutions to management to meet internal and external needs of the company.
- Typically reports to a Director.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to maintain effective relationships with partners, clients and staff, and to maintain a high degree of responsiveness and professionalism in those interactions
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills in English
- Ability to identify, interpret, and address informational problems and articulate solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities, cultures and nationalities
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Typically requires 8+ years of Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization preferred
- Experience in training curriculum development and facilitation preferred
- Experience in developing country settings and management experience in public health programs.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 - 25 lbs.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.