Recruits, interviews and recommends placement of candidates for professional and technical staff and proposal positions from both internal and external sources. Develops effective working relationships with placement agencies, colleges, technical schools, and job fairs. Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of company management to ensure adequate coverage of personnel needs. Consults with management to identify and recommend the most qualified candidates. Extends offers to selected candidates and may arrange for relocation when necessary. Maintains an effective personnel advertising program as directed by management. Keeps informed of developments in such areas as wages and salaries, employee benefits, and general personnel practices.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant pools/sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites.
- Provides organization information, opportunities, and benefits; makes presentations; maintains rapport with external clients.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and attending HR conferences.
- Collaborates with hiring managers, management and recruitment team to plan and implement effective recruiting strategies for high need to fill positions.
- Participates in client meetings and business strategy sessions to improve and build upon recruitment processes and creates innovative approaches to attract top quality talent.
- Identifies the best mix of resources among use of job boards, web searches, referrals and industry sources to find candidates.
- Manages candidates through the entire interview process from initial contact to hire date with company.
- Guides hiring managers on staffing and recruitment policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and employment laws.
- Serves as a liaison between recruiting management and hiring managers.
- Develops and implements tracking system to report key metrics for measuring and predicting staffing activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with high volume staffing/recruitment activities and practices.
- Working experience with Workday HRIS system preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.