The Communications Officer will help achieve the Foundation’s goals in US education by deploying sophisticated media relations and content creation skills. This role will work closely with Foundation leadership voices, grantees and partners and requires a high level of creativity and diplomacy.
- Coordination and engagement with colleagues across the Foundation, specifically program partners in education, grantees, and other partners;
- Coordination of communications priorities and activities, maintaining of communications calendar;
- Collaboration with colleagues around communications campaigns and other key inflection points;
- Creation of written and other materials for internal and external use;
- Generation of creative ideas to amplify key themes and drive positive coverage of and progress toward Foundation priorities.
We are looking for a skilled communications professional with extensive experience and deep roots in the field. Specifically, the effective candidate will have:
- 10+ years communications experience (non-profit, advocacy, or political communications preferred).
- Deep understanding, experience and expertise in U.S. public education, including a sophisticated understanding of the multiple perspectives around issues at the state and national levels.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, completing each in a timely manner with outstanding attention to detail.