The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Executive Assistant for our Federal Advocacy group in our Washington DCoffice.
This role supports the Vice President of Federal Advocacy and is responsible for planning and executing projects to ensure the efficient and effective overall utilization of Association resources.
- Administrative Assistance:Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Federal Advocacy and other team members as needed. Administrative support will include maintaining the Vice President's calendar of appointments; making travel arrangements, and processing expense reports for the Vice President and volunteers traveling on AHA business. Maintain an orderly filing system for correspondence and other documents. Manage requests from staff, external partners and the general public. Schedule meetings and conference calls with internal and external participants, make logistical arrangements, prepare agendas and support materials as needed. Perform administrative duties to assist assigned staff in all facets of their overall responsibilities.
- Project Coordination/Management: Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Support project team members on project management, manage assigned projects, and ensure the projects meet the Federal Advocacy team's needs.
- Event Coordination:Help plan and staff special events, including Hill briefings, AHA Lobby Day, annual Wear Red photo on Capitol Hill, and other advocacy-related events. Responsibilities may include securing the room or venue, making travel arrangements, ordering food, ordering audio visual equipment, sending invitations and accepting RSVPs, prepaing handouts and presentations, helping set-up and breakdown the room, and staffing the event.
- Reporting Compliance:Maintain a calendar of reporting requirements to comply with Federal lobbying laws and work with staff to ensure that deadlines are met. Prepare the quarterly Lobbying Disclosure Report and submit to Congress. Ensure staff submit their individual Contribution Reports twice yearly.
- Website Management & Technology Support:Act as a resource and administrator for team members on SharePoint and the external AHA website, including posting documents on the Federal Advocacy section of SharePoint and the AHA website.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in business administration, office procedures, complex executive correspondence and meeting coordination.
- Advanced skills in one or more Microsoft Office application such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel along with the ability to train others on system usage.
- Accounting experience and excellent math skills, including the ability to analyze numbers and to reconcile accounts.
- Excellent skills in written, oral and interpersonal communication, including business writing.
- Ability to conceptualize, reason through problems, make effective decisions, and develop alternative solutions.
- Must have the ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, and meet deadlines, but also work in a team environment and interact with industry, staff, volunteers, and public.