In 2018 Save the Children US established the Diversity and Inclusion Council (D&I Council) to strengthen diversity throughout the agency’s workforce, integrate equity across all aspects of our organization, and promote a culture of inclusiveness to foster a more collaborative and supportive work environment.
The Diversity and Inclusion Fellow will specifically work with the Culture subgroup of the Council, Human Resources and collaborate with other subgroups as well as relevant staff across the Agency, to support the development of the SCUS 2019-2021 Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Strategy.
- Conduct desk research and synthesize findings on best practices in D&I
- Synthesize relevant Save the Children information to inform activities under the Strategy
- Support the development and finalization of the strategy based on research and consultation with members of the D&I Council
- Support stakeholder mapping and input gathering on the draft strategy
- Support the development of an internal communication plan to enhance the uptake and implementation of the DEI strategy by all divisions across the Agency
- The Diversity and Inclusion Fellow is selected based on the following values and core competencies:
- Understands diversity, equity and inclusion concepts: Demonstrates an advanced understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts, and articulates such concepts to enhance others’ understanding.
- Promotes knowledge sharing on diversity, equity and inclusion: Fosters and seeks out learning and sharing of knowledge related to this area of expertise.
- Values diversity, equity and inclusion and articulates the value it brings to the organization
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.