AARP Services Inc (ASI) is a service organization managing the licensing of the AARP brand and related assets and overseeing the provider relationships that deliver products and services to the 50+ population. ASI’s mission is to inspire new and innovative business practices, guide consumers to make informed choices, and deliver products and services that better fulfill life-stage needs. ASI is looking for a part time intern in the DC office to support ongoing efforts to diversify our revenues.
The business diversification strategy intern will support ongoing efforts to diversify our revenues. This will include:
- Contribute to identifying and evaluating new consumer needs states, business opportunities, as well as product and service solutions.
- Contribute to consumer research (qual and quant) including assessing needs, identifying pain points/barriers, ideating value proposition and solutions, and estimating demand
- Conduct secondary research of industries and marketplaces such as marketplace assessments, mapping of competitive landscape, understanding of revenue models, and identifying and building the case for ASI’s business model and opportunity
- Document research outcomes and preparing presentations for senior stakeholders
- Contribute to the documentation of the business diversification capabilities, including processes, tools, templates and internal communication (common language dictionary and tip sheets)
- AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers. This may include those who have previously graduated college and are now enrolled in a continuing education program.
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.