Use a wide range of skills to support Feeding America’s advocacy program including coordinating the network and external advocacy communications efforts to help advance a policy agenda that increases both private and government food and funds for members, leads to federal regulations and laws that support reducing domestic hunger and positions Feeding America as the leading authority on hunger and hunger-related issues.
- Contributes to and supports the development and implementation of grassroots advocacy strategies to advance Feeding America’s public policy agenda and increase engagement of advocates, both online and offline.
- Collaborates in the development of advocacy resources and toolkits for network members and digital advocates, provides advocacy technical assistance and support for network members, writes memos and reports on advocacy engagement trends across network.
- Oversees Feeding America’s digital advocacy program – including email, SMS and social media efforts – by drafting content, designing creative communications, and coordinating with external consultants.
- Oversees organization and posting of advocacy and policy content on FeedingAmerica.org, the organization’s intranet, and other digital advocacy channels, in collaboration with the digital marketing and IT teams respectively.
- Oversees the development of timely and effective communications to network members about key legislative and policy issues and actions, with support from advocacy team members and other government relations (GR) staff.
- Oversees the development of timely policy-related materials, including GR team press statements and template media materials for network members such as op-eds, editorial board memos, and letters to the editor.
- Review and respond to GR-related media requests in a timely fashion and in collaboration with the communications team.
- Collaborates with appropriate internal stakeholders enterprise-wide to ensure policy positions and initiatives are integrated into cross-programmatic strategies and projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in grassroots and digital organizing, policy media work, issue advocacy or political campaigns
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to commutive advocacy issues to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders through both presentations and written materials.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally– Ability to collaborate across internal departments as well as partner and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Manages for Results – Good project management skills necessary to move projects forward.
- Leverages Functional Expertise– Ability to contribute to and support the development and implementation of advocacy strategies.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of advocacy mobilization particularly on digital platforms.
- Strong project management and critical thinking skills, with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines and to think creatively.
- Experience with Blackbaud/Convio, Salesforce, Quorum, using social media platforms for advocacy engagement strongly preferred.