Education Reimagined is committed to the transformation of education in the US. We are guided by "A Transformational Vision for Education in the US." This vision lays out a future in which learners are no longer asked to adapt to a standardized, one-size-fits-all education system; rather, they are recognized and valued as full human beings and supported to be confident, proud learners, leaders, and contributors to their families, communities, and society. We call this future of education “learner-centered.”
Education Reimagined’s purpose is to have learner-centered education be available to every child in the country, regardless of background or circumstance. We unite and ignite learner-centered practitioners, young learners, and systems builders who are already at work to bring a learner-centered future for education to life in the US. We identify, connect, and challenge these leaders to see themselves as the architects of this future and as part of a growing nation-wide movement. We convene these visionary leaders to work collaboratively with a broad range of systems-level stakeholders to address the practice-based and policy-oriented challenges that currently impede the movement’s ability to grow and spread. Learn more at www.education-reimagined.org.
The Education Reimagined staff is a lean, agile team of entrepreneurial individuals. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is built on cultivating partnerships and relationships with others in the learner-centered movement. Team members must be independent workers who also highly value collaboration and the opportunity to work across functions.
To join the Education Reimagined team as the Vice President of Development. We are seeking a seasoned and entrepreneurial person to grow the organization’s financial resources. They will grow sustainable revenue by partnering with senior leadership and influential supporters to cultivate significant, multi-year partnerships with donors. The Vice President of Development will set goals and strategies, as well as lead the implementation of those strategies, to increase our contributed revenue, with a focus on major gifts from foundations, corporations, and individuals. This person will grow our base of support by thinking creatively about prospect identification and leveraging our resources to attract and engage new donors, build our visibility, and showcase the impact of donors’ investments. This person will report to the President and will be a leader on the Executive team. Preference will be given to candidates who are based in or can relocate to the Washington, DC area, although living in DC is not a requirement of the job.
- Design the overarching fundraising strategy to raise a multi-year revenue stream of $4-5 million annually. This will include developing and implementing annual fundraising plans; identifying fundraising objectives and evaluation criteria; and creating program budgets with relevant team members.
- Support and partner with the president, Board, and other key strategic allies in the fundraising process. This includes developing and managing a robust pipeline of new and existing individual, corporate, and foundation donors; effectively moving constituents and prospects through the donor management system; and successfully soliciting and closing high-dollar gifts for the organization. This also includes developing and implementing a stewardship program aimed at fostering deeper ties with donors.
- Lead the creation of systems and processes that will increase fundraising efficiency, while appropriately cultivating various tiers of donors.
- Support the President in managing and stewarding Board Member relationships. This includes helping to manage the activities of the Board’s Development Committee; and recruiting new Board members with financial capacity and donor networks.
- In coordination with the communications and development teams, produce compelling fundraising materials; including case statements, letters of intent, grant proposals, and acknowledgment letters.
- Be a thought leader on philanthropy to staff and Board leadership during programmatic and financial discussions.
- 7+ years of experience and demonstrated success in non-profit fundraising, including experience working with individual donors, foundations, and corporations; and managing major gifts relationship. Must have a proven track record of closing five to seven figure gifts.
- Innovative, relational, and collaborative approach to development, including a commitment to personalized, face-to-face fundraising methods.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated strong planning and leadership skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks to achieve goals in a timely manner. Must know how to grow the development function from the ground up.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with coworkers, Board members, and existing and prospective donors.
- Strong writing and listening skills; able to synthesize and communicate complex ideas and theories of change in ways that are understandable and compelling to education and non-education audiences.
- Creative, flexible, and adaptable to the demands of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and responsive environment. Excited about the chance to work with a close-knit team and ready to provide support across a range of team functions, as needed, to respond to the needs of our communities and supporters.
- Able and willing to travel on a regular basis, average of one week per month.
- Demonstrated experience with databases; SalesForce experience strongly preferred.
- Passionate about Education Reimagined’s mission of accelerating the shift to learner-centered education in the U.S.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Education Reimagined also offers excellent benefits and a flexible work environment.
To apply, please submit the following to Demi Edwards at [email protected]. Please include the position title in the email subject.
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the position and where you heard about the position.
- Resume including relevant work experiences.
- Writing sample and references are welcome.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Education Reimagined is an equal opportunity employer and as such, in compliance with EEOC law, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.