About the position:
The Manager of Strategic Alliances will help manage, source and design philanthropic foundation programs, corporate partnerships and cause-based marketing campaigns for First Book. The organization is a leader in both philanthropic and public-private sector partnerships, focused on elevating education by providing access to books and educational resources to schools and programs serving kids in need. Examples of corporate partners include Disney, KPMG, Pizza Hut, and Citi.
The Manager will play a principal role in cultivating and strengthening institutional foundation and corporate relationships in a dynamic, fast-paced organization led by an internationally recognized social entrepreneur. Responsibilities include partner research, outreach, strategy development, relationship building, project management, brand marketing and budgeting. The Manager should possess expertise in cause-based marketing, public-private sector partnerships that help partners reach their marketing goals while furthering the social good, and/or consulting with the private sector. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong interest in fundraising, a track record of account management, solid business writing and presentation skills, excellent verbal communication, experience with pitch formation and delivery, creative and bold thinking, exceptional critical thinking skills, and a passion for corporate social responsibility.
The Manager will work most closely with colleagues on the Strategic Alliances Team, as well as work collaboratively with teams across the organization to ensure that organizational needs are met through corporate partnerships. The Manager will report directly to the VP of Strategic Alliances.
- Create, implement, and manage corporate partnerships, cause marketing and CSR initiatives
- Manage a portfolio of corporate partnerships, including planning and executing events in close collaboration with educators and nonprofit partners
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain partner satisfaction and identify & present growth opportunities to sustain and grow corporate partnerships
- Liaise with cross-functional First Book teams
- Lead and contribute to ideation sessions
- Manage team members on assigned key accounts
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- A strong interest and/or experience in corporate social responsibility
- Excellent client management and partnership development skills
- A track record of leadership, innovation and creativity in the private sector is highly desirable
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Be self-motivated
- Possess strong project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to think both analytically and creatively
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail
- Be passionate about making a tangible, measurable difference
- Exhibit a strong command of Microsoft Office tools; prior use of Salesforce or equivalent CRM system preferred
- Be able to travel, as needed, up to 40% in peak partnership activation periods (Only in compliance with safety and health recommendations)
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS; MBA or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of work experience in a corporate fundraising capacity and a strong interest in corporate social responsibility
- Past work experience in corporate fundraising, client development, or client management.
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Eleven Annual Holidays
- 401 K and employer matching pension contribution
- Transportation benefits
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position to http://firstbook.force.com/careers. If you need assistance applying please reach out to Ashley Jones, 202-499-5935.