About NARAL Pro-Choice America
For more than 50 years, NARAL Pro-Choice America has fought to protect and expand reproductive freedom—including access to abortion and contraception—for every body. We are powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who support the legal right to abortion.
As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it.
NARAL Pro-Choice America centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we strive to hold ourselves accountable so we can realize our vision for a world where reproductive freedom is a reality for all.
About the Role:
The Senior Digital Web Content Strategist will manage and maintain NARAL’s websites and web products, with a focus on content strategy, audience engagement, UX and SEO to ensure the site remains functional and accessible. The Web Content Strategist will be responsible for developing and maintaining content for NARAL’s websites. They will be a part of the Digital Team and work with staff throughout the organization to create accessible and inclusive web content and products. This position will also play a critical role in helping project manage a website rebuild and redesign in 2023, working closely with external vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure the site is user-friendly, functional, and accessible across departmental needs.
This role will require proficiency in web engagement, content strategy, and UX and SEO best practices. The Web Content Strategist will be a strong project manager and collaborator, able to draft web content quickly during rapid moments and also able to handle long-term projects that involve various stakeholders.
We are seeking someone to manage the content and function of NARAL’s websites, as well as help spearhead the Digital team’s work with a web agency to rebuild the site.
Reports To: Associate Digital Director
Location: Washington, D.C. - Remote
This Position Is: Exempt, Union Level: IV
- Manage and maintain NARAL’s website and microsites—ensuring our content remains fresh and cohesive. Regularly audits website and internal analytics to identify and address where functionality, navigation, design, and content updates are necessary.
- Write, edit and proofread web content
- Build web products including web pages, reports, and fact sheets on our websites
- Project manage the organization’s website rebuild; ensuring stakeholders are plugged into the process as appropriate, responding timely to vendor questions and needs, keeping the Digital team and Associate Digital Director apprised with status updates
- Manage multiple priorities and projects across departments, while still ensuring best web practices and strategies for content
- Act as a liaison between vendors; manage small and large projects with vendors
- Lead on enforcing NARAL’s brand identity and style across all web products to ensure the continued strength of our message and clarity of our vision
- Assess data and analytics for our web properties, develop a keyword strategy, and conduct tests to improve traffic, engagement, and conversions
- Work to grow our audience and increase web engagement through our insights and SEO efforts. Stay up to date on newest innovations, best practices, and features in the web development space
- Make SEO recommendations to staff writing for the website
- Ensure all web content and site functionality is accessible
- Coordinate with graphic designers to incorporate visual elements to website
- Provide general troubleshooting and quality control over websites and email
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ years of experience managing website, blog, social, and/or SEO for a media organization, campaign, or nonprofit
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable digging into code in a CMS, CRM, or online database.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to take complex issues and make them accessible for a diverse audience
- Experience constructing and troubleshooting email templates and web pages, as well as HTML emails
- Experience with Wordpress or similar CMS
- Proficiency with SEO tools and best practices
- Understanding of data analytics and actionable metrics—comfortable interpreting and analyzing data and can provide recommendations for testing and web strategy to the Digital team
- Experience project managing, including managing stakeholder approvals and priorities
- Experience working with or managing external vendors, including web developers
- Detail-oriented, able to ensure the website’s user experience is as seamless as possible and always having an eye for quality visuals and copy
- Ability to manage competing, urgent priorities and multiple complex projects at the same time, especially in rapid response moments
- Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration skills; is solutions-oriented and eager to problem-solve across departments while ensuring web best practices and strategies
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL’s mission and goals
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience with SQL
- Experience drafting or building emails and/or SMS
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientations, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color (including bilingual and bicultural individuals), LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
$70,000 - $85,000 a year
Follow this link to apply for this role - https://jobs.lever.co/prochoiceamerica/1e4dde9b-b58b-4db3-9b79-28b2b1ec5...