This position is focused on maintenance of employer partnerships, event planning and establishing volunteer opportunities for corporate partners and with other volunteers. The role balances employer relationships, volunteer outreach and coordination duties.
The PVL position will report to the Program Directors / Managers. The position must be nimble and able to serve four stakeholders, employer partners, volunteers, jobseekers and career counselors. The position requires excellent team work skills to support external partners and jobseekers and to navigate and collaborate with internal teams.
This position works closely to open opportunities for Career Advisors. PVLs are responsible for researching real time labor market data, employer inputs on skill gaps and training needs. They will research and follow up on industry and employer opportunities locally and nationally.
Employer and Stakeholder Partnership functions:
- Support UpGlo Employer Partnership team by executing volunteer events (remote or in person) for corporate staff / volunteers to engage with jobseekers in Job Interview Preparation, Mock interview, Mentorship, ESL coaching etc…
- Liaises with Regional Program Director to ensure delivery of strategic corporate events
- Support EP team to create new prospects for revenue because of volunteer/corporate relationships
- Manage administrative aspects of UpGlo employer events including creating Salesforce campaigns, sending invites, tracking attendance, collecting resumes and job descriptions
- Attend events, conduct job seeker and volunteer check-in, and ensure a positive experience for all
- Work with UpGlo career coaches to identify top job seeker candidates for employer openings, ensure strong resume customization and readiness for presentation to partners, draft e-mails for employers
- In collaboration with the Development team, support the local Leadership Council (LC) by identifying potential LC candidates from the volunteer pool, coordinating the logistics for LC-sponsored development events and other duties as assigned.
- Organizes and coordinates program events and logistics in conjunction with the development team (as applicable) in support of key donor or partner cultivation.
- Responsible for data and analytics to ensure an appropriate return on investment for events and volunteer activities.
Volunteer Coordination Functions:
- Acts as the primary project leader / manager of regional corporate engagement events.
- Develops a regional volunteer pool to support program team coaching (e.g. informational
- ock interviews etc.) and coordinates informational interviews in coordination with program team.
- Initiates and oversees the matching of volunteers and job seekers in our informational interview and volunteer language coaching programs.
- Utilizes the Salesforce database to monitors progress of volunteer partner matches and manages outreach communications and activities including introductions, training of new volunteers and follow up.
- Creates, tracks, and monitors volunteer-assisted placements (i.e. through volunteer network support and/or internal referrals).
Job Development and Research:
- Understand and employ labor market information to help ESAs improve job seeker outcomes and influence program design
- Employ labor market data to understand of business and industry needs and how to stay up-to-date on local employment trends and opportunities
- Strategically identify and maintain a diverse portfolio of local employer partners using quality job criteria and sector-based strategies, which meet varied job seeker needs
- Develop relationships with new employers who are hiring to support UpGlo job seekers and understand staffing and training needs
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 2 or more years of related work experience in volunteer programming, event coordination or marketing
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Experience with Marketing Automation Software preferred (e.g. Mailchimp)
- Event planning
- Excellent team player navigating multiple stakeholders including employer partnerships and work with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication / presentation skills
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and belief in Upwardly Global’s mission
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Requires the ability to travel locally and regionally; travel up to 10%.
- Must be available to work evening events and to occasionally work weekend sessions.
$50,000 - $60,000
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Partnerships & Volunteer Program Lead in the subject line.