A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to engage a Project Manager in a four-month, on-site temporary role that will offer full-time hours and a guaranteed weekly wage. We are hoping to identify someone who can start immediately.
This position will project manage the production and execution of multiple, live event stage elements for the organization's annual policy conference, which will be held in Washington, DC in early March. The conference, one of the largest to take place in DC each year, will welcome more than 15,000 participants from all 50 states and all over the world. Guests and speakers at the conference have historically included world leaders, among them heads of state.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is recruiting for this position at the request of the hiring organization -- a group we have supported on an annual basis, on a wide variety of hiring efforts for more than ten years. We typically post salary and rate ranges in public-facing job descriptions (see below), but we do not typically include employer names. If you are interested in applying for this position, we hope you will allow us to represent you, rather than working independently to identify the hiring organization so that you can inquire with them directly.
Finally, while this position is currently defined as “temporary,” and we are not actively offering it as a “temporary-to-permanent” transition opportunity, we can share that our client has hired temporary Brainstorm Creative Resources employees into full-time positions in years past.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a temporary role with full-time hours starting as soon as possible;
(2) with services to be performed at the employer’s offices in Washington, DC;
(3) very close to a Metrorail and Metrobus-accessible location;
(4) continuing through early March 2020.
As noted elsewhere in this job description, this role will feel like a full-time position for the duration of the assignment. All work will be done at the employer's workplace, which is in a contemporary, privately owned office building a short distance from Union Station. Candidates must be interested in working roughly 40-hours/week -- typical full-time hours. Individuals who can only work part-time or who are interested in working from home should not apply. The workplace is easily accessible via car, Metrorail and Metrobus and there are many parking garage and metered on-street parking options.
* Project manage multiple live event stage elements — each with varying requirements and approval processes.
* Coordinate communication between content producers, video editors and external production vendors/partners.
* Ensure the proper assembly of component script, video and graphics for show elements.
* Assist with script edits and coordinate/manage visual asset research and delivery.
* Coordinate with content producers for delivery of assets prior to weekly rehearsals. This includes delivering video assets to vendors and delivering scripts for program element.
* Participate in multiple rehearsals each week — ensuring that action items are captured and necessary follow-ups are completed.
* Coordinate communication with guest speakers during the lead up to the conference, including: gathering multimedia assets, coordinating rehearsal needs, etc.
* Create and maintain event documentation.
* During the conference, on-site responsibilities include assisting the talent rehearsal, scripting and/or backstage teams.
* 3 to 5 years of clearly relevant experience in one or a combination of areas including the following: event production management, theater management, non-profit project management, creative services project or traffic management, video production project management.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Sincere interest in working well with others -- people skills!
* Creative vision.
* Professional writing and/or editing experience is a plus.
* Extra points for demonstrable experience with technical production written materials (minute-by-minutes and tech flows/tick-tock).
We are suggesting a broad weekly pay rate range of between $1200 and $1400. These weekly rates, when annualized, are the basis for salaries ranging from $60,000 to $70,000. Alternatively, when considered on an hourly basis, the weekly rates are equivalent to $30.00/hour to $35.00/hour.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
The actual weekly rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and the client organization, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
This engagement is structured differently than most temporary assignments. Instead of being paid only for the hours you work (which is a staffing industry norm), you will paid for working 40 hours each week -- even if you actually work fewer hours. This policy extends to all days that the employer's office is officially closed for vacation and also to personal and sick days within reason, but not to long strings of days when you might be away from work for personal reasons. It's worth mentioning that the organization's offices are sometimes closed for the entire week between Christmas and New Year's Day. So you may have up to one full week of paid vacation over the holidays. The engagement also offers a limited overtime differential. Overtime will be calculated under a federally mandated formula that indicates different rates each week, depending on how many hours were actually worked during that week. We will gladly provide documentation regarding the overtime policy and explain the specifics of it to the most well qualified applicants.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.