The Development Operations Associate will play a key role in the organization and delivery of administration support to the development department. Working to provide cross-functional support across the department, this position is responsible for tracking and processing all in-house contributions, maintaining database records, processing membership invoices, supporting the acknowledgment program, coordinating with the finance department, and providing general administrative support. In addition, the Development Operations Associate works closely with the Associate Director of Membership and Development Operations to support all development systems for NARAL.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Associate Director of Membership and Development Operations
Direct Reports: None
This Position Is: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Union, Level II
Salary Range: $50,000 - $58,000
This position is based in Washington, DC and is a hybrid position. While the person in this role is not expected to be in the office daily they will need to work from the office to accomplish several of their responsibilities.
- Manages and executes the entire process for all in-house contributions received at the Washington, DC office, from the mail coming in the door to data entry and preparation for deposit.
- Processes all Membership invoices.
- Coordinates logistical steps for departmental donor acknowledgments including pulling data, coordinating with the printer, maintaining inventory, and updating copy.
- Tracks and organizes all departmental inventory and coordinates ordering and sending materials to staff as needed.
- Provides administrative support to the development department, including but not limited to: meeting scheduling and agenda building; note-taking and follow-up; logistical coordination for any in-person meetings; credit card reconciliation for senior team members; management of the departmental expense tracker; and routing vendor contracts for approval.
- Responsible for routine database hygiene and updates including but not limited to: managing the process for reconciling the donor database and finance records with regard to refunds, transfers, and chargebacks; uploading attachments to donor gift records; and updating changes to addresses, biographical details, and gift information.
- Coordinates with the finance department with various processes and projects including the monthly reconciliation process and any additional reporting needs during the annual fiscal audit.
- Works with members of the development department on special projects.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in administrative support
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google suites required
- Familiarity with databases preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently necessary
- Strong writing skills required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Experience in non-profit fundraising preferred
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL’s mission and goals
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required
Salary Range: $50,000 - $58,000