We are a 56-year-old non-profit that values our employees. We have a variety of programs including Early Learning, Pediatric Therapy and Employment Services. Innovative Services NW serves more than 1,600 adults, children, and families, many on a daily or weekly basis here in Clark County, Washington!
To plan and carry out a communication/language program to meet the developmental needs of program participants.
Pediatric Speech Therapy Activities
- Provide direct speech therapy services to clients as recommended and prescribed.
- Provide speech, language, hearing, and feeding therapy in classroom setting when indicated and available.
- Provide speech, language, hearing, and feeding therapy services through home therapy session
- Coordinate physician's recommendations with parent activities, classroom activities, and individual speech/language programs.
- Fulfill responsibilities of (case manager) including parent contact, clinic visits, implement IEP as developed by team members and advise physician of goals.
- Provide means for parent to monitor child's performance.
- Appraise parent's participation, instruct, and train parents in oral motor/speech/language development and in programs individualized to their child.
- Provide information on childhood hearing problems to parents, assist parents to obtain audiological and/or otological check ups when appropriate.
Evaluation, Planning, Coordinating Therapy Activities
- Develop individual speech, language, hearing and feeding program plans
- Provide communication evaluations as indicated for program participants
- Provide written documentation of evaluation results
- Maintain physician contact through clinic visits, telephone calls, etc.
- Provide information on oral motor, feeding, and communication development to parent groups.
- Consult with various VCTC programs on request.
- Attend staff meetings
- Provide input to IFSPs for each child served.
- Participate in community education as requested.
- Evaluate child and give recommendations to team for program implementation.
- Attend continuing education/workshops to enhance professional skills and maintain licensure and certification.
Reporting, Documentation & Misc.
- Maintain progress sheets on all speech/language training programs performed under direct supervision, and those assigned to others for implementation.
- Maintain records of all client/family contact
- Apply enhanced professional skills through program development.
- Visit other developmental programs as appropriate.
- Share information gained at workshops with staff members
WORK FLEXIBILITY: Employees may flex their therapy session times between VCTC facility location, participant’s home and/or community environments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; bend, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. During therapy sessions, the employee will frequently need to perform therapy on floor mats so will often be on their knees or in a floor sitting position. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level is moderate. Employees may be required to drive their vehicles for home and community therapy sessions with clients.
Please head to our website and fill out the quick online application at:
Innovative Services NW provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER