The American Heart Association is recruiting for a Field Support Coordinator(Administrative Support) position to provide administrative and logistical support to the fundraising directors in our Utica, NY market for our critical fund-raising events in the Mohawk Valley.
- coordinating event materials (invitations, brochures, tribute journals, gift bags);
- preparing attendee list and tracking registration;
- working with vendors;
- obtaining required permits;
- attending assigned events to help with set-up and tear down;
- acting as contact person at event site on event day;
- working as part of a team to ensure all event related items are completed in a timely manner.
Administrative and data management:
- data entry into event management systems;
- processing invoices and payments;
- preparing correspondence and spreadsheets,
- informational materials and reports;
- supporting fundraising directors in meetings and at events as needed, (meeting minutes, administrative support);
- provide administrative support to event committees including meeting minutes and administrative support.
In this role, you will be based in our Utica, NY office and will report to the Senior Director Business Operations. You may support 2 or more fundraising directors in the Utica market.
If you want to join our team and be a “ Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives ”, review the preferred skills and experience we are looking for below: ( Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- advanced skills in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint are required;
- strong database management experience;
- experience in administrative support that includes simultaneously supporting multiple directors and/or fundraising events is highly desirable;
- able to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment;
- able to multi-task and organize a heavy workload with minimal supervision;
- possess excellent problem solving, above average communication and customer service skills;
- convey a positive and professional image;
- above average communication and customer service skills;
- ability to compose correspondence in a professional and visually appealing manner;
- must be willing to travel to events and meetings as needed in support of the fundraising initiatives;
- must be willing to work outside of standard hours as needed, including weekends in support of events.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow.And we do.Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with innovative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.