A strategic "quality resale" management position whose primary focus is income development through the acquisition and subsequent sale of donated apparel, furniture, jewelry, accessories, artwork, collectibles and other miscellaneous household goods. Shop operations are supported through volunteer recruitment, training and development, retention and reward.
- Consistently adhere to all Discovery Shop Standard Operating Procedures and meet all Net Income Goal Evaluation Levels. Adhere to all required projects, events and due dates as listed in the Discovery Shop Business Plan, and as they arise throughout the year.
- Consistently procure quality donations for a constant flow of merchandise to the sales floor.
- Consistently recruit, train, develop and reward volunteer support for all operational, financial and administrative functions of the shop including a volunteer leadership structure.
- Ongoing development of shop specific growth plans with the support of the Field Director (s).
- Work in a collaborative manner with your local Community (unit) office on special projects.
- Retail, wholesale or resale experience in sales, product merchandising, and basic financial and operational functions. Computer literacy and comfort with basic Microsoft Office functions.
- Demonstrates the following Discovery Shop competencies: Action-oriented, Being resilient, Collaborates, Customer focus, Builds effective teams, Drives results, Manages complexity, Persuades.
- Excellent communication and people management skills; multitasking capabilities; patience and consistency to mentor, train and develop volunteers; clear time management and prioritization skills to accomplish required tasks.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.