In fiscal year 2020, Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) will launch the Resource Development Expertise Hub, which will aggregate and organize high-quality resources and knowledge for the affiliated network on fundraising topics – particularly related to fundraising planning in the near-term, and expanding to other topics over the Expertise Hub’s growth. This Sr. Specialist position will pay a pivotal role in the successful launch and longer-term evolution of this Expertise Hub, providing a high level of customer service and support to both affiliated network members and internal stakeholders.
The Sr. Specialist – Resource Development Expertise Hub will support the development of new content for the Expertise Hub. This role will also support the thoughtful and intentional curation of existing content from both the Habitat community and external partnerships. This role collaborates closely with HFHI’s Global Learning & Development team to ensure that content is packaged and delivered in the most accessible way to Habitat’s diverse network.
- Develop content associated with the Expertise Hub, e.g. templates, how-to documents, etc.
- Identify excellent examples from the affiliate and State Support Organization (SSO) community to annotate and curate within the Expertise Hub
- Support Yammer communities by identifying common issues and needs, integrating these findings into products and services, and sparking conversation and engagement with the community as appropriate
- Project manage Communities of Practice, webinars, and other training/interactive approaches (e.g. aggregating content, planning webinar calendar, coordinating, possible facilitation, etc.)
- Support marketing and communications efforts of the Expertise Hub (e.g. working with communications, MyHabitat, SSO team, Affiliate Support Center) to keep Expertise Hub top-of-mind for affiliate leaders
- Collaborate with Global Learning and Development (GLOD) practitioner(s) to ensure that content packaging aligns with best practices
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Experience in various aspects of fundraising within a nonprofit organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and a general comfort level working with digital platforms (e.g. SharePoint, Salesforce, and online meeting software, etc.)
- Experience in fundraising with a variety of donor types (individual, faith-based, corporate, foundation) via an array of strategies (direct mail, events, individual asks, planned giving)
- Ability to establish systems and define success within ambiguous goals and structure
- Ability to quickly collect data and information from internal and external sources, synthesize and summarize for diverse stakeholders
- Track record of excellent customer service
- Outstanding verbal & written communication; ability to adapt communication style and approach for diverse audiences
- Ability to build relationships and manage across teams and through layers without formal management authority
- Proven ability to deliver tangible impact while handling competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and exhibit efficient time management and exceptional organizational skills
- Understanding of the HFH mission