Position: Coordinator, Strategic Partnerships and Development
Reports to: Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships and Development
Location: This position may telecommute from anywhere in the United States
Chiefs for Change is a nonprofit, bipartisan network of diverse state and district education chiefs. With more than two dozen members, our work is focused on advocacy, leadership development, and member supports.
We are positioned to rapidly spread bold policies and practices, as we have:
- National reach—Our members lead education systems with more than 7 million students, 454,000 teachers, and 14,000 schools.
- Diverse contexts—Our network is diverse in terms of race, gender, political affiliation, and geography.
- A model for disseminating promising ideas—We work with our members, excellent technical assistance providers, and top-tier research institutions to scale innovative approaches designed to improve student learning.
Chiefs for Change is seeking a coordinator to support the organization’s systems and structures. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships, the coordinator will maintain the organization’s information databases; manage email platforms for engaging with partners; and gather and track information to help prepare a variety of communications, including invitations, letters, proposals, and reports. The person hired for this role must be able to work effectively on their own and have the ability to collaborate with members of our diverse team and external partners. A strong project manager, the coordinator must be highly organized, have excellent attention to detail, and be able to plan and execute events. The coordinator must also be capable of juggling multiple projects at a time and be interested in improving systems and processes. This is a remote position.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s systems for project management, knowledge management, internal communications, and general operations
- Work with the senior director, strategic partnerships and development to identify and create more efficient processes and seamless experiences for teammates
- Codify best operational practices and functions and determine methods to improve current processes
- Develop manuals and tools for key organizational systems and processes
- Organize, manage, and maintain databases to track relevant information for projects and initiatives, including priorities and deadlines
- Maintain and update contacts in multiple databases, including Salesforce and Mailchimp
- Develop and update systems and processes to ensure optimal use and execution, specifically Salesforce
- Provide overall support for CFC staff and projects, including research, analysis, and project coordinating with an eye toward improving outcomes and increasing efficiency
- Assist with calendar management and meeting documentation
- Provide administrative support for projects and events
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of full-time professional work experience
- A deep belief in the capacity of all students to achieve at high levels
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse set of partners and stakeholders
- Ability simultaneously handle a variety of projects and complex tasks
- Demonstrated ability to be self directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow through
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator preferred
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is highly organized
- Is eager to present new ideas
- Is a highly resourceful team player who is also effective at working independently
- Is a strong writer and researcher
- Is a skilled and responsive project manager
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Can effectively prioritize projects and tasks to meet deadlines
- Seeks opportunities to grow as a professional and strengthen the organization’s work
- Follows developments in K-12 education and applies relevant knowledge
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. As we are a small team, we are not able to directly respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates who we select to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.