Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Come join us as a Market Development Lead Director in Silicon Valley!
PURPOSE: The role of the Market Development Lead Director is multi-faceted. The Market Development Lead Director is a Brand Ambassador. He/She will be a coach and guide, offering support to the Autism community. The primary goal of the Market Development Lead Director is to assist Autism Speaks with increasing its presence and support within the Silicon Valley community. He/She performs an in-depth evaluation and analysis to determine growth opportunities, monitoring operations and adherence to brand standards, and providing follow-ups. He/She must be comfortable with public presentation and speaking, enjoy collaborative leadership, build relationships and hold his self/herself to a high standard of excellence. He/She will be a self-starter, a creative problem solver and “deal maker” who thrives in a fast-paced, small company environment and most importantly, delivers superior results.
The expectation for market adoption and penetration, revenue growth and mission impact within this sector is high. Therefore, the successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to rapidly articulate a well-thought out market development plan and then execute the strategy to achieve the desired results.
- Secure critical relationships and alliances, serving as the primary point of contact, in support of Autism Speaks’ mission and mission objectives
- Help design and execute initiatives that continuously gain market adoption, grow the Autism Speaks’ brand and create a noticeable impact on the people and families we serve
- Possess excellent communication skills, radiating a confidence which elicits instant credibility both within Autism Speaks and into the community. Develop strong relationships with the entire team and volunteers of Autism Speaks, quickly earning a reputation as a reliable and respected leader
- Drive business relationships in cooperation with key internal staff, volunteers and significant external partners
- Drive value by providing leadership and guidance (coaching, mentoring, leading by example) to cross-functional teams (staff, volunteers and committees), and help build capabilities and presence for the organization
- Partner with all levels of the organization from field to executive to board members to recruit and engage key stakeholders, including individuals, families, corporations and associations for Autism Speaks.
- Leverage mission objectives and core capabilities of Autism Speaks to build presence and support within this high potential community
- Track and manage leads/prospects and activity in Autism Speaks’ CRM; create monthly and quarterly reports, analyze data and disseminate to appropriate team members
- Keep abreast of the industry and competitive landscape of Autism Speaks, while promoting the AS brand and focusing on Autism Speaks’ value to key stakeholders in the community; partner internally to prepare marketing collateral and materials, including creating presentations and communications
- Follow up with key stakeholders to discover relationship needs, satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction and address the issue accordingly
- Be called upon for being the subject matter expert and point of contact on behalf of Autism Speaks by building relationships, studying the market, absorbing information in publications and being “of the community”
- Communicate regularly with cross-functional teams including Field Operations, Awareness/Marketing, and other key stakeholders associated with Autism Speaks
- Create, maintain and grow a Leadership Council of key stakeholders of influence and capabilities to propel market penetration for the organization
- Lead or participate in conferences, special events and other venues that arise as the brand ambassador of Autism Speaks
(The responsibilities listed above are representative and not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor. As outlined in your performance goal setting forms, you will be responsible for achieving the goals provided by and agreed upon with your manager.)
- Minimum 10 years experience in marketing or related experience
- Demonstrated track record, including 5 – 7 years of recent market development experience, knowledge of Autism as well as Autism-related experience
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to express key concepts, share ideas and information effectively; ability to create meaningful reports and business correspondence; public speaking experience
- Excellent relationship-building skills with a fundamental and disciplined approach to goal-setting and results achievement; ability to be persuasive and close new business
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, professional, diplomatic, and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to drive urgency in the market development cycle and execute solution strategies; manage a robust pipeline of multi-faceted opportunities
- Ability to evaluate and recruit high level volunteers and engage key stakeholders
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills, with troubleshooting and problem-solving capability
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to organize multiple projects simultaneously, think creatively and maintain flexibility
- Creative and innovative in developing proven techniques and best practices that result in brand
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a fast-paced work environment; must demonstrate strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt and integrate at different audience levels in not-for-profit and for-profit organizations
- Ability to plan for and assign tasks with eye to maximizing the strengths of others
- Proficient in MS Office suite: email, PowerPoint and databases (i.e., Raiser’s Edge and/or Illuminate preferred)
- Travel required (35 - 40%), may include weekends and evenings
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Professional Behavior
- Results Driven
- Customer Orientation
You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Autism Speaks data and information to which you have access.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to enhance lives today and accelerate a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow for individuals with autism and their families.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to https://autismspeaks.applytojob.com/apply/ey71k5rxPb/Market-Development-...
Only those applicants who meet the hiring criteria will be considered and contacted by Human Resources. Autism Speaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for job openings. Reasonable accommodations will be provided.