The Regional / Hub Program Head creates the roadmap for Habitat's expansion and operations in a designated geographical region / service area in support of Habitat's mission and vision. Provides strategic direction and program development towards presenting mission aligned opportunities to the Senior Management team for Board of Trustee’s approval. Provides management oversight for all phases (i.e. from initiation to turnover) of all projects and programs, in alignment with organizational policies, procedures and implementing standards.
The Regional/Hub Program Head Is the key representative of Habitat in the specific geographical region / service area, for external stakeholders (e.g. LGUs, partner organizations, donors, implementing partners), in addition to ensuring close coordination and collaboration with internal departments/functions. Leads in creating the vision of conceptualizing and developing a concentrated / sustainable regional hub and the development of a strategic relationship with a global donor of Habitat for Humanity International. Directs the implementation of a strategic partnership housing project for displaced families.
Strategic Program / Project Development
- Develops and presents for approval the strategic implementation plan and pipeline of opportunities to deliver Habitat’s mission in the designated geographical region / service area
- Provides direction and key representation for efforts of creating and sustaining partnerships with various stakeholders, such as government partners, civil society organizations, other NGOs, and implementing partners
Program and Project Management
- Provides management oversight over the programs and projects in the area, including planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation; compliance with fiscal and legal requirements and standards of programmatic effectiveness and efficiency; and accurate and timely reporting
- Provides oversight and direction to program activities in the area, such as partnership development, program / project development, family support, volunteer coordination, disaster response and mitigation, sustainable community development, market-based approaches to the housing value chain, etc.
- Provides overall direction of construction activities in the area such as repairs, renovations, new constructions and technical advice in consultation and coordination with the Design and Construction
- Quality Control group for design and construction standards
- Ensures that projects and programs activities being implemented meet industry guidelines for safety and quality, while reflecting Habitat's mission, principles, core values and standards of excellence
- Responsible for monitoring / tracking source of funds, fund utilization and the budget vs. expenses (managing any variances)
- In coordination with the National Office, develops relationships to access institutional / governmental resources towards Habitat’s mission and area strategy
- In coordination with the National Office, generates adequate resources to financially sustain its own programs and operation activities
- In accordance with the organizations policies and procedures, ensures effective recruitment, training, development, management and evaluation of operations personnel to promote the purposes and ensure achievement of program and project goals in the area
- Provides staff support and ensures staff engagement in all activities
- Ensure that programs are designed and implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of health, safety and security management priorities
- Ensures implementation of people- and organization - related company policies
- Approves payment requests and purchases within the approving authority
- Signs administrative documents related to staff activities such as work accomplishments, cash advances, leaves, etc.
- Provides administrative support for staff with cross-functional reporting lines
- Ensure that a comprehensive reporting schedule is maintained and adhered to according to requirements
- Provide reporting review and/or support to and as required
- Performs other job - related duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Experience in project management and development, and people management
- Preferably with background in construction management or community development
- Must have extensive general management and leadership experience, preferably in non-profit sector
- An effective team player and results-oriented
- Knowledge in real estate business / construction management desirable
- Experience of managing and effectively delivering large scale program implementation
- Willing and able to travel in programmatic areas to review, monitor progress and assist relevant project managers
- Proven ability to influence, challenge and negotiate at senior levels using sound judgment
- Relevant experience working with government housing and financing agencies (SHFC, NHMFC, Pag-ibig, NHA, HUDCC) and DSWD