Pride Foundation is hiring our next Donor Systems and Data Manager. This key role at Pride Foundation is responsible for managing the data and reporting needs of our Community Engagement department, which leads the fundraising efforts for Pride Foundation. The person in this role will bring experience managing a donor or customer relationship management database and expertise in data reporting and analysis. We are looking for a skilled problem-solver and collaborator with a demonstrated commitment to Pride Foundation’s mission.
The Donor Systems and Data Manager provides day-to-day management of Pride Foundation’s donor data, including data entry, analysis, and improvement of data systems. The Donor Systems and Data Manager brings a creative, detailed, and relational approach to donor engagement and data management that supports the Community Engagement team’s strategies to increase fundraising dollars for Pride Foundation and the LGBTQ+ communities we serve.
The Donor Systems and Data Manager is a member of the Community Engagement Team and is supervised by the Assistant Director of Community Engagement Team.
Gift Entry, Acknowledgments & Reconciliation (30%)
- Process all contributions made to Pride Foundation and ensure donor gratitude is relayed in a timely manner.
- Generate acknowledgement letters/tax receipts using department template and nonprofit sector best practices.
- Assist Director of Finance with monthly reconciliation of pledges receivable and bank account deposit transactions, as well as annual reconciliation of all contributions.
Donor Database Management (20%)
- Lead all data-focused efforts with a full understanding of the complexity of Pride Foundation’s data management systems.
- Coordinate and lead staff training for all database systems and provide ongoing support.
- Lead constituent data entry, management, and query needs of development department.
- Develop systems to ensure that data accuracy and maintain user controls and protocols through thorough data entry and quality control procedures.
- Serve as the liaison to database and gift processing vendors and their technical support.
- Support database volunteers.
Data Analysis & Reporting (20%)
- Consolidate, track, and analyze donor data across all fundraising efforts including bulk digital and mail communications, event invites, constituent outreach, fundraising campaigns, scholarship and grant awards, and volunteer service.
- Using donor analytics, provide data-based input to inform organizational fundraising strategies.
- Collaborate with all staff to develop and generate strategic custom reports and other donor data queries.
- Support planning and strategy for year-end appeal and other campaigns through reporting and analysis of past giving trends.
- Create systems for ongoing tracking of metrics-based fundraising goals and develop monthly reports to monitor progress.
Discovery & Research (10%)
- Conduct prospect research using web-based search tools and internal contact notes, to identify key donor prospects who are mission- and values-aligned.
- Project manage donor portfolio assignments.
- Work with staff who serve as relationship managers to create and monitor plans for advancing supporters’ engagement and contributions.
Donor Support Services (10%)
- Serve as a donor ambassador for Pride Foundation’s work and provide support via phone and email for inquiries and requests.
- Receive, record, and process grant requests from donor advised fundholders.
- Assist with various special projects and donor initiatives as needed.
Organizational Culture and Racial Justice (10%)
- Understand and integrate relevant components of strategic plan and commitment to centering racial justice into individual and team workplan.
- Commit to personal growth, learning, and transformation, taking initiative to expand your understanding of racial justice and related principles, issues, and practice and how they apply to your, and our work.
- Meaningfully participate in caucus groups, organizational learning sessions, and other opportunities to shape our organizational culture.
- Work to acknowledge, address, and eliminate individual, institutional, and structural racism and its intersections with other forms of oppression in your and our work.
- Actively participate in evolving the organizational culture at Pride Foundation to be mission-focused, inclusive, values-aligned, and community-centered.
- Grow and apply the skills and practices needed to create an inclusive organizational culture including (but not limited to): clear and kind communication, giving and receiving feedback, mutual accountability, and self-care and boundaries.
- Contribute to developing a culture of philanthropy at Pride Foundation by incorporating friend and fund raising as appropriate throughout work.
Pride Foundation is committed to building a racially just, equitable, and inclusive environment through all levels of the organization. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated understanding and experience working on issues related to racial, LGTBQ+, gender, economic, and reproductive justice, and working in communities comprised of diverse people.
In addition, these are key skills and experience important for this role:
- Demonstrated commitment to Pride Foundation’s mission and racial justice.
- At least three years of experience with donor databases or Content Relationship Management systems, including: gift processing, record updates, user administration, and reporting.
- Experience with training staff at all levels of user skill and interest.
- Highly competent with a leading donor or customer management software program, as well as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Analytic thinker who identifies efficiencies, areas for improvement, and data trends.
- A commitment to providing quality stewardship to all Pride Foundation constituents, and the ability to develop a positive working relationship with staff, volunteers, board members, donors, and community supporters.
- Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and occasionally travel.
Don’t check off every box in the requirements listed above? Please apply anyway! Studies have shown that marginalized communities – such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color – are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
Pride Foundation has a fully transparent compensation program and salary structure that was developed to be equitable and competitive using market salary data for the Seattle, WA area that represents foundations and non-profits that have budgets comparable to Pride Foundation. For this position, the salary range is $68,000 – $70,000, depending on experience.
We offer excellent employer-paid benefits: medical (includes coverage of gender-confirming health services and procedures), dental, and vision coverage along with disability insurance, employer retirement account contribution, and option for employee to invest in an individual retirement account. We offer 16 days of accrued vacation annually, along with 3 personal holidays,11 national holidays, and 16 days of accrued wellness/sick leave, as well as a 4 week sabbatical after 5 years of employment.
Pride Foundation has a 4-day, 32-hour work week, with the option for this position to be entirely remote (either set up to work from home or in co-working space), or to be based out of the Seattle headquarters. Candidates must reside within the 5-state region we work in, or be willing to relocate to the region.
Pride Foundation is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities who are underrepresented in the field of philanthropy are encouraged to apply.
Send letter of interest and resume to: [email protected]
In your letter of interest, please make it a point to address the skills and experiences you bring to this role, as outlined above. We also ask you to specifically address:
- Your commitment to Pride Foundation’s work and mission
- Why you are interested in this role in particular
- How your lived and professional experience would make you successful in this role
Priority will be given to candidates who submit their applications by February 6, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, though applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found, as the position is available immediately.
For more information about Pride Foundation, please visit our website: www.pridefoundation.org