Save the Children is conducting clinical research and evaluation. The Research & Communication Coordinator will join the Technology Accelerator unit and provide communications, logistics and research activities support generally associated with the conduct of clinical research and product development activities across multiple projects and the team.
This position is intended to support clinical research and product development activities for the Save the Children Technology Accelerator unit and the coordinator will handle or assist with communications, logistics and research activities generally associated with the conduct of clinical research. Under supervision of the Technology Accelerator unit Senior Director and Research Managers, the Research Coordinator will perform the following activities:
- Assist with logistics, procurement, and communication activities associated with the research and product development projects. (15%)
- Assist with developing, writing, copy-editing and proofreading study documents, manuscripts, communications, etc. (10%)
- Assist with maintaining data pertaining to research projects, including maintaining study data collection materials and databases, and performing data entry and cleaning. (15%)
- Assist with preparing study-related documentation such as site standard operating procedures, study manuals, ethics review committee documents, and progress reports. (10%)
- Assist with quality assurance and tracking ethics review and regulatory submissions and communications including progress reports, non-compliance reporting, and protocol deviations. (10%)
- Assist with maintenance and appropriate filing of essential research/trial documents. (10%)
- Assist with meeting preparations as needed. This includes, but is not limited to coordinating and finalizing meeting agendas, disseminating and compiling information, note-taking, tracking and following up on action items. (15%)
- As needed, provide administrative and project support to the team’s Senior Director and Research Managers. (15%)
- 2-3 years of research experience that includes communications responsibilities in a large complex organization, supporting senior leaders
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in development and management of spreadsheets and databases
- Self-motivated and highly flexible individual who is able to work independently as well as part of a team with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new systems
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies.
- Experience in a clinical setting is preferred.
- Having worked internationally in an African or Asian setting a plus.
- Secondary language (French) is a plus.