The Program Assistant is a key member of the Integrated Delivery team. This role provides administrative and organizational support for Deputy Directors, Program Officers, Strategy Officers, and Program Managers. Program Assistants provide wide and varied administrative and organizational support for program or operations leaders and teams. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility and good judgment are critical in this role to ensure smooth operation of the team.
- Schedule a high volume of appointments and meetings, manage complex calendars for multiple people, and make travel arrangements.
- Assist in scheduling and planning for events, such as meetings, conferences and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Coordinate arrangements and logistics for frequent domestic or international travel
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including answering and prioritizing calls, email and mail communications.
- Maintain organized files and records and a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Provide administrative support including document creation, expense reports, reimbursements, check requests, organization, and maintenance of files.
- Work on special projects as needed. May include conducting basic research and analysis of data to respond to requests.
- Interact and communicate clearly and consistently with grantees and partners in the field.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Sets priorities and meets deadlines while balancing needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including complex calendar, travel and event planning.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts and have the ability to adjust to a wide variety of working styles.
- Knowledge of foundation priorities and how they align with the goals of the department/division.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), as well as, SharePoint.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Experience with calendaring, travel arrangements, and event/meeting planning coordination
- Adept at learning new software
- Possesses good judgment, maturity, discretion, tact and a sense of humor
- Positive, collaborative approach to work
- Customer focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in ambiguous situations
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an office setting