Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity (SFHFH) is a stable affiliate that has been building 6 homes per year for the past 10 years. In 2013, the affiliate started a repair program that completes an average of 17 projects each year. SFHFH has a ReStore that will have over $1 million in sales in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. There are 15 staff plus 3 AmeriCorps. SFHFH has an annual budget of $2.3 million.
- Board Relationship and Accountability: The ED is accountable to and shall report to the Board of Directors. Reports on the activities and functioning of the corporation shall be submitted to the Board on a monthly basis as part of the monthly Board meeting documents. The ED shall attend Board meetings, unless the Board meets in executive sessions, and shall act as a resource for the Board in its decision making process. The ED shall work with the Board to develop policies and plans, both long-range and short-term, and shall ensure implementation of decisions taken by the Board. The ED shall recommend to the Board new projects and directions for the corporation and shall alert the Board concerning trends in affordable housing and materials re-cycling identified through membership in professional organizations or review of pertinent literature. The ED shall administer an orientation and training course for new Board members as well as help to recruit qualified board members.
- Operational Oversight & Management: The ED provides daily oversight and direction for all affiliate programs including construction and the ReStore. The ED shall be the chief operating officer with responsibility for daily, routine management of the affairs of the corporation. The ED shall make management decisions not requiring Board action and provide leadership for the organization, staff and volunteers. The ED shall be responsible to ensure that all administrative functions and reporting are done accurately and in a timely manner. The ED shall be responsible for public accountability of the corporation; for the proper and ethical use of resources, assets and staff; for fulfilling the legal obligations of the corporation; for maintenance of proper insurance coverage; and for maintenance of facilities.
- Financial Management and Development: The ED shall oversee and direct the financial operations of the corporation including the preparation and submission to the Board of an annual operating budget. The ED shall administer the approved budget, and shall ensure accountability of funds, proper record keeping, payment of all bills, collection of debts, and preparation of required audits and financial reports. The ED shall coordinate the purchase or lease of real property and the closing of home sales including preparation of closing documents. The ED shall coordinate the preparation of loan applications and the sale and service of mortgages. The ED shall take an active role in funds development participating in and stimulating development activities and providing direction as needed.
- Personnel: The ED shall provide overall control and direction for the personnel function of the corporation, insuring that they are performing their duties to the best benefit of SFHFH. The ED shall supervise all staff whether paid or unpaid including the Construction Director, ReStore Director, Development Director and Volunteer and Family Services Director, and the ED shall conduct performance evaluations annually using established SFHFH procedures. The ED shall be responsible for communicating information to volunteers and paid staff which enable them to better do their jobs and fulfill the mission of the organization.
- Committee Relations: The ED shall provide guidance and support to the committees of SFHFH and ensure coordination. The ED shall chair regular meetings of the committee chairs and attend committee meetings as necessary. The ED shall also attend, to the extent possible, events sponsored by committees.
- Community and Public Relations: The ED shall represent SFHFH in an intelligent and authoritative manner through direct involvement with other professional and social service groups and by ensuring that the corporation and its mission are presented to the public and to government councils, boards or agencies. The ED shall maintain and good working relationships with Habitat International, the regional office of Habitat, and neighboring affiliates.
- Other: The Ed must communicate effectively both in writing and orally. The ED shall perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or the President of the Board.
- Note: This is a partial list of responsibilities related to this position; tasks and projects may be added to meet the needs of Habitat or as directed by the Board of Directors.
Salary: The salary range is $60,000-$80,000 depending on qualifications and experience.