- A Leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills effective for all stakeholders, staff and volunteers.
- A Doer with a strong work ethic and an ability to overcome adversity and remove barriers while completing goals, commitments, and tasks within set timelines.
- A Multi-tasker who is able to effectively serve the needs and development of multiple projects across both Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
- A Director of Action who provides direction, advice, and frequent feedback to staff with accountability plans for completion of specific short and long term goals.
- A Collaborator who is able to expand and develop undertakings that enhance the vision and mission of HfHMB through networking with a wide berth of stakeholders and potential supporters.
- A Capacity Builder who pursues donations, competitive grants and establishes fundraising events and opportunities to give financial support to HfHMB.
- A Financial Expert who understands, monitors, guides, and directs the finances of the organization with frequent feedback to staff and the Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Staff reporting to Chief Executive Officer: Director of Operations, Director of Finance and Human Resources, Director of Resource Development, Construction Supervisor and ReStore Managers.
- Organizational and Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all operations to include resource development, revenue enhancement, construction, financial monitoring and reporting, staff supervision, marketing and community outreach.
- Lead HfHMB in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide timely and accurate information for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Continue to develop and support a vision and policies that guide the organization.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and staff on governance, budgeting, and Board development.
- Work and interface with Habitat International to ensure the affiliate is complying with policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and direction to committee chairs and show appreciation to all staff and Board committee participants.
- Monitor work products through frequent feedback meetings with Managers. Develop and follow accountability systems for goal measurements and completion.
- Develop and expand community partnerships and enhance existing alliances.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the State and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance HfHMB’s mission.
- Develop an operational plan to achieve the goals of increasing the number of housing units per year.
- Work with the Finance Committee to develop realistic financial strategies and goals, sustainable for the long-term viability of the organization.
- Collaborate with City and County staff as needed so that building project timelines are met, and comply with affordable housing guidelines and various grant restrictions.
- Pursue and supervise positive press and media attention including written and marketing materials, and the maintenance and updating of the HfHMB website.
- Oversee the family selection process for new homeowners by working with the Committee to assure eligibility procedures are followed by the applicant families.
- Ensure that volunteers are routinely recognized and acknowledged for their contributions, and develop a pipeline of regular volunteers for each building project and the ReStores.
- Provide timely performance reviews for management staff.
- Establish appropriate accountability measures for revenue targets at each ReStore and share sales data with the Board of Directors at monthly Board meetings.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
Project and Construction Management:
- Aggressively seek new opportunities for land acquisition and future projects.
- Coordinate pre-development and construction activities to insure timely completion in accordance with scheduled timelines.
- Support the promotion, growth, and purpose of the ReStore retail operations.
- Provides oversight to ReStores working with ReStore Managers to achieve prescribed goals.
- Establish appropriate accountability measures to achieve revenue targets at each ReStore.
- Responsible for approving established goals to increase revenue and grants, fundraising events, and capital campaigns through innovative strategies.
- Build strong relationships with donors and community partners including public and private sector organizations across both Counties within our affiliate.
- With the Director of Resource Development, organize fundraising events and partner with other organizations to collectively raise funds.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support HfHMB’s mission.
- Lead the collective work of the full Management Team to assure HfHMB continues to operate a fiscally responsible annual budget with transparency.
- Preview and approve financial management reporting, including monthly financial reports to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors, and oversee the preparation of the budget process for independent audit review.
- Monitor cash flow, enforce financial policies for expenditures, and report concerns to the Treasurer and the Board.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of HfHMB, and submit to the Board proposed annual budgets and monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, land use planning or a related field.
- Leadership and decision-making experience with responsibility for managing people, budgets, and organizational plans.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills across a variety of different roles and entities (Board of Directors, volunteers, families, donors, governmental and community organizations, staff, and the public).
- Experienced leadership in the growing and complex development of a multifaceted nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge and experience with affordable housing, residential construction, financial strategies, real estate transactions, local development, and building requirements.
- Positive relationships with government leaders including elected officials and key staff.
- Successful experience in recruiting and building a cadre of volunteers.
- Masters Degree and/or Certificate in Non-Profit Management is desirable.
May 12 2019
Jun 12 2019
Habitat for Humanity International