The Director of Impact, Learning & Data Governance works closely with Program Directors and the Leadership Team to provide vision and leadership to Canal Alliance on impact and performance. Canal Alliance created a Theory of Change and an impact framework to define and measure the impact of our programs in the communities we serve. The Director of Impact, Learning & Data Governance plays a crucial role in implementing the organization’s learning agenda to support organizational change. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer.
The Director of Impact, Learning & Data Governance has knowledge and experience in impact measurement and evaluation and possesses experience in utilizing a broad range of both quantitative and qualitative tools and methods for analysis. They provide leadership for all aspects of data governance to ensure data is used intelligently and appropriately.
This position is hybrid, requiring 2 to 3 days per week in office, and attendance at quarterly in-person staff retreats.
• Provide organizational leadership for impact measurement and learning in collaboration with the Leadership Team.
• Develop tools and processes to support the implementation of the impact framework within each program area.
• Lead and support Program teams in the collection, governance, and analysis of data for the individual programs as well as for the wider organization
• Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop the communication of information internally and externally through data visualization, reporting, and story-telling.
• Serve as a bridge between Directors and IT Consultants to identify functional gaps in the technical infrastructure and ensure high quality data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Provide strategic systems analysis and make recommendations that facilitate effective oversight and decision-making processes.
• Provide training to staff on best practices for data management and analysis.
• Develop and document policies and procedures pertaining to learning and impact.
• Provide leadership for Canal Alliance’s data governance strategy and processes to ensure appropriate use and stewardship of data
• Stay current with research on data management, institutional research, and IT trends in the context of organizational needs; proactively identify improvement opportunities and share with leadership
• Provide leadership for the development and execution of surveys and other evaluation instruments by staff and faculty, to ensure the validity of results
• Contribute to ongoing data privacy and security processes and procedures
• Manage the Salesforce Administrator (currently working with managed services firm)
• Build trust and deepen relationships between staff members and their data & technology
• Manage multiple competing priorities for time and attention through project management, consistent communications, and radical transparency
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Comfort working with data in multiple tech platforms, including: spreadsheets, Salesforce, financial accounting tools, survey/form tools, marketing/communications tools, the Google Suite and the Microsoft Suite.
• Experience as a Salesforce administrator with skills in everything up to Apex coding (includes report creation, dashboard creation, formula writing, flows, and integrations)
• Comfort working with Logic Models and Theories of Action in a social-justice based organization
• Experience in and excitement for program evaluation, data analysis, program design and implementation.
• Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation methodologies, and data governance principles.
• Outstanding analytical skills.
• Ability to interpret complex data for stakeholders who have differing levels of familiarity with data.
• Excellent project management skills and a commitment to facilitation and collaboration.
• Experience incorporating DEI considerations in data analysis
• Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, exercise good judgment and lead change.
• Experience working in a nonprofit organization.
• Commitment to support the Latino immigrant community.
• Comfort working in a bilingual (Spanish/English) environment.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes:
• Salary pay range of $130k - $135k annual
• Full-time, exempt position
• 3 weeks paid vacation per year
• 12 days of sick leave per year
• 4 Wellness Days per year (one per quarter)
• Paid Birthday each year
• 16 paid holidays per year
• 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance, life insurance, LTD, and EAP.
• 403(b)-retirement plan with employer match of up to 4% after 3 months of employment.
• Voluntary benefits include FSA, vision, life, and pet insurance, as well as coverage for dependents.
• Telehealth for physical and mental health.
Please apply at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1922254