The Development Director provides strategic leadership and oversight of all agency fundraising programs and functions. This position is responsible for the planning, execution, and evaluation of fundraising strategy; public relations; internal and external communication; as well as special events and campaigns. The Development Director oversees development, grant, and communication staff of 5. The position is a key contributor on the Executive Leadership Team and reports directly to the CEO.
Why work at AACI?
• Comprehensive benefit plan with four Health Plan Options (we pay 95% of premiums!)
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with match
• Professional development opportunities
• Eligibility for student loan repayment assistance
• Being part of an organization that makes a difference everywhere we engage
• You'll love working here, AACI was named as a Bay Area Top Workplace 2019
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop fundraising strategy in collaboration with CEO and Board Development Committee.
• Collaborate actively with CEO, Executive Team and Board of Directors to create and implement fundraising plan.
• Support and staff Board Development committee.
• Oversee grants, as well as individual, foundation and corporate giving and capital campaigns.
• Spearhead fundraising and special events.
• Maintain relationships with existing sponsors and build relationships for donor prospecting and cultivation.
• Obtain financial support from organizations. Build relationships with business and community organizations to secure philanthropic support.
• Identify emerging opportunities evaluate, and prioritize funding sources and partnership opportunities.
• Prepare or vet external communication to donors, press releases etc.
• Oversee communications content for print, web and social media for all development-related materials.
• Prepare press releases, address media relations and represent the organization externally. Prepare other staff and Board members to represent agency as needed.
• Generate development materials and develop content for regular e-newsletter to supporters and community.
• Create and oversee internal communication (newsletters, website updates, SharePoint)
• Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals.
• Oversee Development, Grants and Communications staff and vendors.
• Ability to perform the duties described above.
• Bachelor level degree in communications, public relations or other related field
• Eight or more years of development and communications experience, preferred in a non-profit environment.
• A proven track record of effective fundraising
• Two years of experience in effectively managing staff, teams and budgets.
• High level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate well with people of diverse cultural professional and experiential backgrounds
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Please apply online here:https://apptrkr.com/1854846