Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Climate Campaign Director will lead a campaign to get ships off fossil fuels. The Director will be Pacific Environment’s lead in a multi-organization coalition using a mix of corporate campaigning, public policy advocacy, coordination with local environmental justice organizations, and other strategies.
This new position has the potential for substantial growth. Over time, the director will help build out Pacific Environment’s new Climate/Energy Program, execute our corporate campaigning and climate strategies, and help fund, build, and manage a new staff team.
The ideal candidate will have a record of leadership in winning major campaigns, a passion for moving society beyond fossil fuels, experience in large coalition efforts, and a commitment to climate justice and equity.
Location and Travel: ideally in San Francisco, but we will consider strongly qualified candidates based elsewhere on the West Coast. The position will require frequent travel, including some international travel.
View posting on our website: https://www.pacificenvironment.org/jobs/climate-campaign-director/
- 7+ years of experience in strategic advocacy, policy, and campaign work; in program leadership and implementation; and in managing campaign programs and staff.
- A record of accomplishment of achievement in winning corporate campaigns or other types of campaigns.
- Experience and expertise in energy/climate issues and policies.
- Demonstrated success as an effective team player and collaborator in coalition efforts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated success in foundation fundraising. Experience in major donor and individual fundraising a plus.
- Advanced degrees are a plus, but not required.
- Commitment to helping communities have a strong voice in decision-making. Experience in community organizing is a strong plus.
Pacific Environment provides compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package. The employee will enjoy a flexible working environment with a dedicated, diverse group of colleagues.
- Please apply by email to [email protected] with “Climate Campaign Director” in the subject line and attach a cover letter, resume, references, your salary expectations, and your answer to the question below.
- In a separate document, please answer one of the following questions in 100–250 words:
- What are the 2-3 most important strategies you would recommend to get ships off fossil fuels?
- What is the single biggest obstacle to successfully addressing the climate crisis?
- Tell us about your greatest campaign victory
- Timing: Applications received by mid-November will definitely be reviewed. However, the position will remain open until filled and we encourage even late applications.
Pacific Environment values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from candidates regardless of age, class, sex, creed, ethnicity, race, national origin, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, gender expression, or veteran status.
No phone calls, please.