The Director of Corporate Engagement is a position responsible for rapidly growing and raising significant new revenue for the March of Dimes through Corporate Engagement within (Market). Additionally identifying opportunities for nationwide engagement.
This position will report directly to (Market) Executive Director. The role has a larger connection and “dotted line” to the national corporate engagement team.
- Develop a Corporate Engagement strategy for the Market in conjunction with the Executive Director, Market staff, local Board of Directors and Regional Corporate Engagement New Business Director.
- Responsible for meeting corporate fund-raising goal, minimum $250,000 in new business development annually, along with a localized revenue target for renewed/retained corporate engagement. Qualify prospects and design effective partnership programs based upon knowledge of partner business/ CSR objectives and alignment with Market funding priorities.
- Recruit and Develop Top Volunteer Leadership: Identify candidates for top volunteer leadership roles including local Corporate Engagement volunteer leadership committee members. Recruit qualified candidates and articulate goals, outcomes and objectives for performance in order to enable candidates to make good decisions regarding the acceptance of critical revenue generation goals related to market success.
- Prospect Identification and Sales Call Plan: Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in order to predict business opportunities. Build and maintain a robust pipeline of prospects through systematic and ongoing prospecting activities; proactively pursue business networking opportunities and establish relationships with business and volunteer leaders in the community to seek qualified leads. Develop comprehensive solicitation plans and pitches that outline stakeholder involvement and strategic approach for cultivation and solicitation of partner commitment.
- Constituent Presentations: Develop and deliver creative and powerful presentations and proposals for Market corporate partnership opportunities. Opportunities to include but not limited to: Mission Program support, Events, Sponsorship, cause marketing, grants, employee and volunteer engagement.
- Expansion: In conjunction with Regional Corporate Engagement New Business Director identify new and expansion opportunities for nationwide corporate prospects for six and seven figure strategic partnerships.
- Sales Forecasts and Reporting: Remain current on constituent needs, market trends, and competitor actions in order to create reliable sales forecasts and to identify opportunities for constituent development. Ensure accurate data reporting, tracking of prospect progression, close rates, and donor migration across organizational opportunities.
- Donor Cultivation: Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. Plan and implement effective cultivation and recognition in association with March of Dimes colleagues, mission partners, and volunteers to enhance the connection and involvement of corporate partners and prospects with March of Dimes.
- Communicate the Mission of the Organization: Gain a thorough understanding of the March of Dimes – its values, history, culture, traditions, communities, programs, personalities, constituencies and governance structure; understand its base of financial support and the short and long-term funding requirements of all segments of the organization.
- Optimize Electronic Tools: Utilize electronic data management tools in order to review and analyze pertinent information and monitor financial and mission-related results.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of market financial goals.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in increasingly responsible positions with demonstrated success in corporate engagement.
- Proficiency: Must have proficiency in constituent database systems and all MS Office products.
- Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training. Limited travel for training purposes and other March of Dimes business may be required.