The Stonestown branch is a vibrant community hub with programs for all ages and abilities.
This position, under the leadership of the Senior Executive Director, acts as a resource to staff and volunteers and co-leads all fund development functions of the branch. This position will provide leadership and management for the annual campaign, major gifts, staff campaign, board campaign, planned giving, and all other fund development projects - including special events, grant writing, corporate and foundation gifts, local business sponsorships, donor record management, donor cultivation efforts, and donor recognition initiatives. The position requires interaction with community organizations, board members, local businesses, donors, outside professionals, volunteers, and staff. This position is also responsible for managing our volunteer engagement program by overseeing volunteer opportunities, assisting in planning volunteer events, and engaging and coordinating volunteers and the board.
- In conjunction with the Associate Executive Directors, develop and implement an annual campaign plan that encourages volunteer participation and includes methods for engaging more facility and program members as donors.
- Increase financial support for the YMCA’s programs and services by collaborating with Directors on funding needs, annual campaign, and identification and retention of funders and donors.
- In collaboration with the Senior Executive Director and the board, cultivate and secure corporate sponsorship/support for community programs.
- Work with the Senior Executive Director and board to develop and implement a year-round stewardshipand cultivation plan for major gifts.
- Actively seek out ways to improve and expand donor outreach and engagement.
- In collaboration with the Senior Executive Director, grow the planned giving program through education, outreach, and stewardship.
- Manage the development functions of the Salesforce financial development platform, and develop and manage the Dept 93 Budget.
- Provides leadership, coordination, and support for fundraising special events.
- Oversee the pledge administrator, ensuring timely posting to Salesforce and submissions to AO, generating acknowledgments and thank you letters
- Oversee, implement and maintain a system to track pledges and follow up with donors.
- Ensure entries in the donor & prospect database are up to date.
- Oversee and administer campaigner personal fundraising pages.
- Manage campaigns, donor reports, and donor communication through the Salesforce platform
- Foster strong relationships with board members and provide administrative support as needed.
- Support and attend board meetings and take minutes.
- Prepare and send out board consent agenda packets
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Executive Director and Fundraising Committee Chair to develop and implement board development strategy.
- Assist with the development and implementation of volunteer recognition plans.
- Train and support campaign volunteers.
- Create new opportunities for volunteerism to connect the YMCA to the local corporate community.
- Maintain an active volunteer and volunteer opportunities database
- Communicate regularly with volunteers notifying them of upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Plan, execute, and support existing volunteer events that help move volunteers up the ladder of engagement.
- Manage the Volunteer of the Year award and recognition process.
- Work with Association Office staff to ensure timely acknowledgment of donors.
- Provides general administration and support for association-wide fundraising initiatives and programs.
- Serve as member of the association Financial Development Team; and other groups as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- UpholdYMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Demonstrate the character Counts values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Previous experience with Community relations, Donor relations, and Volunteer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Excellent relationship building with staff, members, volunteers, and community groups; creative vision and passion for the YMCA cause; understanding of the cause and brand of the YMCA
- Ability to assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive fund development plan.
- Must be detail-oriented; organizational skills and problem-solving skills a must.
Salary: $60,000.00 - $68,000.00