We are looking to expand our team with a talented designer who possesses a strong sense of social mission and who is passionate about:
- Imagining products and technology that improve the world for current and future generations at the intersection of global health, medical knowledge, and open data.
- Empathizing with end-users to truly understand and satisfy their needs.
- Asking questions, soliciting and relishing feedback, and iterating quickly.
The team includes alumni of leading organizations (e.g., the World Health Organization, the White House, Google, Facebook, McKinsey, and Blackstone) and universities (e.g., Oxford, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Berkeley).
- Thinking deeply about and incorporating game design to motivate behaviors that solve for a bigger purpose -- optimizing information gain into an open medical intelligence system.
- Researching, conceptualizing, formulating, and designing functional, memorable, and inspiring interfaces across multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Developing a timeless design guide that shapes our identity and conveys our vision for the future.
- Interacting with our contributors, and collaborating with the Engineering and Medicine teams to continually improve the product experience.
- Guiding the organization on broader design challenges, including organizational structure, processes, culture and workspace, communications materials, recruiting/hiring processes, etc.
- An MFA in design or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience (preferred, but not required).
- 5+ years experience at a top-tier design firm and/or at an institution with exceptional design talent (preferred, but not required).
- Experience, interest, and/or willingness to learn and lead others in design thinking, information architecture, typography, semiotics, color theory, data visualization, game design, graphic design, mobile/web design, and/or front end development.
- Experience working and thriving in early-stage organizations and/or other resource-constrained environments.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Commensurate with experience and comparable roles at other early-stage, mission-driven organizations.