Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the general accounting function. The Senior Accountant collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure accurate and timely accounting and finance activities. The Senior Accountant interacts with management, auditors, donors, and internal staff to ensure confidence in the accounting process and responds to inquiries.
The Senior Accountant insures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering financial transactions into Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) to track activity in each Grant/Contract/individual donor funds, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Key Job Duties:
- Manages all grants and contracts.
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Monitors monthly programs's financial activity and variances.
- Works in partnership with Program Managers to evaluate financial performance of operating units and plan contingency strategies, where appropriate.
- Assists in preparing monthly accounting reports and bank reconciliations for various bank accounts.
- Assists with updating fixed asset accountability.
- Prepares miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Experience in healthcare field with exposure to Medi-Cal billing.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is desired.
- Must have experience in Grant Accounting with monthly tracking of burn rate, including ability to research issues and preparation of budget amendments, as needed.
- Has experience working with outside auditors.
- Has experience and ability to analyze and interpret financial data, and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Be able to work independently, have strong organizational skills, and is able to multi-task.
- Experience working in a people-oriented, fast paced and changing environment.
- Regularly takes initiative to recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges, think critically, and provide and explain alternatives clearly.
- Has interest in mission-based organizations.
- Has strong emotional intelligence, excellent interpersonal skills, and is customer service oriented.
- Must have advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, pivot reporting, VBA and macros, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer. We participate in e-Verify.