The American Heart Association is recruiting for a Field Support Coordinator position to provide administrative and logistical support to the fundraising directors and priority revenue events in our New Jersey market . This is an hourly position and staff work a 37.5 hour work week.
Your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- managing data in several organization databases on a daily basis with accuracy and precision
- providing administrative and all logistical support for priority revenue generating events
- providing excellent customer service, written and verbal
- working in a team environment
- coordinating electronic and print event materials (invitations, brochures, tribute journals, signage, banners);
- preparing attendee list and tracking registration;
- negotiating with vendors;
- securing venue, obtaining required permits and appropriate support personnel (police, fire, EMT, security)
- securing volunteers and providing direction day of events
- attending assigned events to direct set-up and break-down;
- be logistical lead at venue on event day;
- ensuring all event related items are completed within established timeline.
Administrative and data management:
- entering data into several management systems daily
- maintaining accurate, detailed and current information in databases
- processing invoices and payments;
- preparing correspondence and producing detailed reports
- supporting fundraising directors in meetings and at events as needed, (meeting minutes, administrative support, venue set-up and break-down);
- providing administrative support to event committees
In this role, you will be based in our Saddle Brook, NJ office and will report to the Director of Business Operations|Development. You may support two or more fundraising directors in the NJ market.
If you want to join our team and be a “ Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives ”, review the preferred skills and experience we are looking for below: ( Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- advanced skills in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint are required;
- strong database management experience
- experience in administrative support that includes simultaneously supporting multiple directors and/or fundraising events is highly desirable;
- able to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment;
- able to multi-task and organize a heavy workload with minimal supervision;
- possess excellent problem solving, above average communication and customer service skills;
- convey a positive and professional image;
- above average communication and customer service skills;
- ability to compose correspondence in a professional and visually appealing manner;
- must be willing to travel to events and meetings as needed in support of the fundraising initiatives;
- must be willing to work outside of standard hours as needed, including weekends in support of events.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.