The American Heart Association is recruiting to fill an Event Director position for our Shoreline Heart Walk and Cycle Nation in Ocean/Monmouth Counties.
- Achieving annual revenue goals by developing and maintaining relationships with AHA corporate and community partners;
- selling sponsorships and generating participant income for the annual Heart Walk and Cycle Nation;
- developing new company and volunteer recruitment plans as well as driving income goals;
- driving new business development through sponsorship sales;
- recruiting and stewarding c-suite volunteer leaders, team captains and walkers based on nationally established best practices for the Heart Walk;
- driving peer-to-peer fundraising;
- monitoring participant fundraising trends and implementing proven strategies to maximize income;
- conducting a minimum of 10 face to face meetings per week
- building a network of meaningful volunteer partnerships to advance our mission.
In this role, you will report to the Executive Director for Southern NJ and will be based in our Robbinsville, NJ office.
If you want to join our mission and be a “ Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives” , review the preferred skills we are looking for below: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- demonstrated success in achieving assigned sales or fundraising revenue goals;
- the knowledge and demonstrated ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with top level volunteers/customers,
- great organizational, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills;
- proven ability to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals;
- willing to work outside standard hours as needed, including evenings and some weekends;
- able and willingness to travel within your territory on a daily basis as well as occasional travel to other locations in the affiliate and to our National Center in Dallas, Texas for meetings or training.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as our sales training & relationship development program- Building Powerful Partnerships which received a 2017 Learning! 100 Award from Elearning! Media Group, and various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow.And we do.