The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Statistical Analyst in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas (remote/home based is acceptable)
This role plays an integral part in supporting the daily functions of the Centers for Health Metrics and Evaluation. Responsibilities include performing statistical modeling and analysis of multi-level data sets in order to predict or report outcomes of AHA programs and research. Additional responsibilities include organization, analysis, and reporting of data collected from various sources, including AHA program data and national health surveillance data as well as applying various visualization and business intelligence tools to provide understanding and communicate data to support organizational decision making.
- Conducts data analysis with quantitative and qualitative data. Analyzes data using a variety of statistical methods such as, logistic and linear regression; GEE or random effects models for longitudinal or multilevel analysis, latent class group-based analyses, and analysis of missing data. Develops summary reports that include interpretation of findings.
- Assists in the management of studies conducted internally, such as those to evaluate AHA’s programs and media campaigns. Assists in the management of studies conducted in collaboration with external partners and government collaborators, such as projects to develop external campaigns.
- Prepares statistical reports for ongoing scientific investigations and presentations, prepares program evaluation reports to inform recommendations for quality improvement; develop factsheets and brief reports to substantiate facts for all AHA activities.
- Develops and manages data dictionaries and documentation of data reporting standards. Oversees quality control of data collection and database management.
- Develops logical data models, documentation, and specifications for information systems, and decision support systems (e.g. My Life Check recommendations engine.
- Coordinates with program implementers to develop and optimize systems for data collection across the entire program lifecycle (planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Develops interactive/dynamic dashboards with tools like Tableau and R.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in statistical analysis and modeling which includes hypothesis.
- Proficiency in statistical programming (SAS, STATA or similar.
- Proficiency in building, implementing and supporting Tableau data visualizations.
- Proficient with database management and analytic tools and languages supporting data analysis and reporting - R, Python, SQL, and Excel.
- Effective skills in project management, preferably in health program evaluation.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Proficiency in database development, management, and quality control methods.
- Excellent written communication skills with a focus on interpretation of statistical output appropriate for a variety of audiences.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Candidate has an interest in tobacco control, media campaigns, cardiovascular or brain health promotions.
- Effective writing skills for different audiences (scientific, media, lay, etc.
- Experience with analysis of data focused on cardiovascular disease epidemiology or similar/related chronic disease.
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools like Anteryx, Qlikview, Tableau and other data science certifications.