The American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association (ASA), selected over the last six years as one of the best Noanprofits to work for (#3 in 2015) has an excellent opportunity for a Temporary Customer Care Representative in our National Engagement Center office located in Richardson, TX . This temporary position will last approximately two - four months. The hours of operations are 9AM-6PM, Monday-Friday. The hourly rate of pay is $15.00 an hour.
Your responsibilities will primarily focus on thanking and supporting volunteers in their recruitment and fundraising activities. You will contact each volunteer several times prior to the event to ensure that the volunteer has information to ensure a successful and profitable outcome. Other responsibilities include:
- Establish an ongoing support relationship and educate the volunteer on aspects of fundraising:
- How to encourage others to join a Heart Walk team
- Instruct volunteers on how to create a Heart Walk or Jump Rope for Heart page
- Instruct volunteers how to post on social media
- Make routine outbound calls to thank donors, welcome volunteers, assist with events such as Heart Walk, youth activities or advocacy issues.
- Follow up on previous calls to maintain an ongoing support relationship.
- Use multiple software programs for tracking contact information and interactions.
- Positively respond to customer requests on AHA/ASA programs and promote our mission by engaging and cultivating all customers through healthy-living email messages.
- Provide information to develop and change the customer’s mindset and behaviors regarding cardiovascular disease and stroke with a focus on building relationships, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff, as well as processing online donations (general, tributes, and/or memorials) for customers.
- At least six months customer interaction experience including managing accounts/clients and demonstrating strong customer satisfaction focus.
- The ability to multitask by simultaneously navigating several software programs and the Internet is required.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including typing accuracy.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to delight our customers.
- College degree, preferred.
- Interest and knowledge in health, fitness or nutrition.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and pronunciation.
- Knowledge of the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.