The Senior Development Officer is a highly motivated and experienced development professional with expertise in fundraising, relationship-building, and strategic planning.
- Implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy, with the Director, to secure financial support for MEF, which currently has a budget of about $5 million and seeks rapid growth.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and potential donors, including individuals, foundations, corporations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct research to identify new funding prospects and create tailored approaches to engage them effectively.
- Collaborate with the Director and other team members to create compelling fundraising materials, including grant proposals, sponsorship packages, and donor communications.
- Organize and execute fundraising events, including donor appreciation events, fundraising dinners, and other engagement activities.
- Monitor and manage donor databases, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records of donor interactions, contributions, and pledges.
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team to develop and implement donor recognition strategies and ensure appropriate acknowledgment of contributions.
- Stay updated on trends and best practices in fundraising and donor engagement, incorporating new techniques and strategies into the development efforts of MEF.
- Work closely with program staff to understand and effectively communicate the impact and significance of MEF's work to potential donors.
- Provide regular reports and updates on fundraising activities, progress, and outcomes to the Director.
- Agreement with MEF's outlook ( see https://www.meforum.org ) for details
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Middle East policy, Islamism, and related issues.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and corporate partners.
- Proven track record of securing major gifts, grants, and sponsorships from a variety of funding sources.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in fundraising, development, or related roles, preferably in a nonprofit or think tank environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as business administration, nonprofit management, history, political science, or international relations (or equivalent experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling narratives and grant proposals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using donor management software (Salesforce) and other fundraising tools (Mailchimp).
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ethical and professional conduct, maintaining confidentiality and integrity in all fundraising activities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Names of three references.
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston."
- Submit the application online here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3640408390/?capColoOverride=true
*Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be reviewed or considered by the hiring committee.
About the Middle East Forum:
The Middle East Forum, founded in 1994 and headed by Daniel Pipes, promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects Western values from Middle Eastern threats. It accomplishes its mission in three ways:
- Intellectually, by providing information, context, original ideas, and policy advice;
- Operationally, by engaging in activism; and
- Philanthropically, by annually distributing about $2 million of dedicated Education Fund monies to allies.