Hazon-Pearlstone, the leading Jewish environmental organization in the world, aims to lead a transformative movement deeply weaving sustainability into the fabric of Jewish life, in order to create a healthier, more sustainable, and more equitable world for all. We connect people to the earth and to each other, building flourishing Jewish communities and a more sustainable future. Through immersive retreats, inspiring JOFEE programs, and impactful climate action, we catalyze culture change and systemic change across the Jewish world and beyond.
In 2021, Hazon, the largest faith-based environmental organization in the U.S, leading the Jewish response to the climate crisis and working in coalition with other faith and cultural groups began a merger with Pearlstone, the strongest Jewish retreat center and JOFEE site in North America just outside of Baltimore. The anticipated legal will take place in early 2023. Since then, a new strategic framework has emerged that reorganizes the merged entity’s core activities into three divisions: Retreats, Education, Climate Action, and General Administration & Resources.
This full-time position is responsible for providing executive administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will be local to Baltimore, MD and be able to work both onsite and remotely, with flexibility. If the candidate is not local to Baltimore, they would still be required to work normal east coast business hours and be able to come to Pearlstone from time-to-time.
- Coordinates calendar and schedules all meetings for CEO, ensuring strategic priorities at all times, including meeting preparation and necessary notes.
- Monitor flow of emails in CEOs inbox and elevates issues about which CEO should be aware.
- Responds as CEO to some emails and drafts replies to others for CEO to approve.
- Coordinate remarks and prep time for CEO speaking engagement or high-profile groups on site at retreat centers.
- Responsible for general project management and deadlines for projects involving CEO including Associated Jewish Life Managing Council, major grant deadlines, and more.
- Support development and deadlines of the PowerPoint presentations for the CEO.
- Assists in making travel arrangements, arranging accommodations, and prepping and coordinating materials as directed by the CEO.
- Responsible for CEO credit card receipts and reports.
- Perform additional administrative duties for the CEO, and the national leadership team as requested by the CEO, which includes typing correspondence, attending, and taking minutes at some leadership and board meetings. Sets up forms and formats as needed to ensure flow of work.
- Works with CEO to schedule and assist at monthly all staff meetings.
- Schedules and makes arrangements for Board and committee meetings, as well as staff meetings, which include room set-ups, preparing materials, and food.
- Maintains up-to-date rosters for the Hazon-Pearlstone Board of Directors and other committees.
- Serves as the liaison between the CEO and the Board of Directors at certain times. Prepares documentation for the nominating process.
- Inserts CEOs signature into contracts, letters, etc. at the direction and discretion of CEO.
- Provides tech support to CEO for email, zoom, phone, etc.
- Develops and maintains filing system; maintains permanent record of meetings and correspondence.
- Participates in organization training, staff meetings, committees, and special events.
- Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- With multiple priorities, you will have additional responsibilities in areas requiring administrative work, utilizing organizational skills, project management, and time management.
- 3 years minimum of prior experience as an Executive Administration or Executive Assistant to Executive Director/CEO and Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in computer skills to include Microsoft Office, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of zoom, including setting-up and hosting meetings. Database proficiency, Salesforce preferred. Ability to learn and incorporate new technologies is a priority.
- High level of written and verbal skills.
- This role will work in a fast-paced environment, so the candidate must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with lay leadership, staff, and community.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain employee, member, and lay leader information at the highest level of confidentiality.
Salary range is $55,000-$70,000 with a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), FSA/HSA, 401K with employer match, life insurance, and more!
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Executive Administrative Officer” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately.
Hazon is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Hazon will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage, citizenship or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Hazon staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Hazon encourages you to break that statistic and apply.