The 35,000 sq.ft. Morris Habitat ReStore's function is to accept donated items selling them to provide funding to build homes for families in need.
The Warehouse Expediter is generally responsible for receiving, processing, stocking and displaying donated materials. The Warehouse Expediter will also receive walk-in donations in person and help supervise and direct volunteer “staff” in carrying out required tasks and projects, and assist as a truck helper when needed.
- Receive and screen donations according to current policies, providing professional, friendly service to our donors.
- Maintain and help build merchandise displays.
- Maintain all presentation areas (inside and outside) and assist in daily maintenance of the ReStore.
- Work with supervisor in leading and directing volunteer “staff” in maintaining floor presentation.
- Assist with customer pick-ups and provide customer help as requested.
- Maintain dumpsters, scrap metal and recycling area. Ensure dumpsters are emptied on a regular schedule.
- Ensure all merchandise is cleaned, needed repairs noted and prepped for resale.
- Assist as helper on the truck as required.
- Operate a cash register to document sale of merchandise.
- Keep up to date on methods of pricing, inventory and procedures.
- Friendly, personable
- Good physical health.
- Follows directions and accepts guidance on tasks, but also able to use own judgment to adjust for extenuating circumstances.
- Work references show responsible background.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate good customer service standards.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Commitment to core values of Morris Habitat for Humanity.
Work Hours and Schedule
- This Full-Time position will be assigned work 40 hours per week. The ReStore is open Tuesday through Sunday beginning in January 2020, 10am to 6pm. Individuals are assigned work according to the needs of the business. Specific candidate availability can be discussed with the interviewing supervisor