The Wade Institute for Science Education seeks a mission-driven, experienced and creative fundraising professional to design and implement fundraising strategies to support the organization’s initiatives and programs. The Wade Institute for Science Education is a not-for profit corporation whose mission is to promote the teaching of participatory, inquiry-based science, mathematics and technology/engineering education at the K-12 levels in partnership with museums and other non-profit organizations. The Wade Institute provides professional learning programs and resources for K-12 formal and informal educators. This is a part-time position based in Quincy, MA.
The Wade Institute is seeking a highly-motivated professional with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of fundraising experience to maintain relationships with existing supporters and build new relationships with corporations, research organizations, education agencies, state and federal government agencies and other relevant organizations to generate funding and resources to support the Wade Institute’s programs. The successful individual will have experience with soliciting both individual and corporate donors as well as grant writing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build key relationships with existing donors and new prospects, including individuals, foundations, corporations, research organizations, education agencies, state and federal government agencies and other relevant organizations.
- Plan and implement all development efforts, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Manage all donor communications, including acknowledgements and donor newsletter. Collaborate with other Wade Institute staff to develop materials and social media activities related to development.
- Further develop and enhance annual giving and major gift programs.
- Research, cultivate and apply to foundation and corporate funders.
- Build the capacity of Board members and other staff to participate in ongoing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Establish appropriate and achievable goals for development initiatives and activities for each fiscal year.
- Maintain relevant donor data in the organization’s CRM system (DonorPerfect).
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, or finance is required; experience in education a plus.
- Demonstrated success in securing major support from private and/or public sources for educational or related projects and in developing effective working relationships with external organizations and agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Appropriate computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases.
- Experience in education and with STEM organizations preferred, but not required.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- The Director of Fundraising is a part-time position based out of Quincy, MA. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter (required) and resume to the Wade Institute for Science Education, 1354 Hancock Street, Suite 302, Quincy, MA 02169, or [email protected]. The Wade Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date: January 24th or until the position is filled. For more information on the Wade Institute for Science Education, visit www.wadeinstitutema.org.