The American Heart Association is recruiting for a Director - Communications for our RI and Southern New England market to increase the public’s awareness about cardiovascular diseases and stroke in support of our mission and critical fund-raising events.
- develop plans to reach the media, general public and target audiences through social media, press releases and other relevant materials and sources;
- develop communications plans and timelines for core fund-raising events (including Heart Walk, Go Red For Women Luncheon, Heart Ball, CycleNation, STEM Goes Red and other social events), for the local board’s Community Impact Priorities, and for all sponsorships that include a media component;
- cultivate media sources both internal and external; providing spokesperson training to volunteer leadership and staff;
- work with media and other third-party vendors to provide traditional and non-traditional media sponsorship opportunities;
- coordinate all promotional activities with media sponsors, including, PSA’s, interviews with AHA spokespeople;
- monitor the use of AHA’s name and logo by media sponsors.
In this role, you will report to the Executive Director for Rhode Island and will be based in our Providence, RI office.
Want to move your resume to the top and have the opportunity to become a “ Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives ”? Here are some of areas to consider:
- we need you to bring your 2 plus years of experience in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism;
- your ability to build powerful partnerships internally as well as externally with media sources and the public;
- you should have excellent written and verbal skills, and superior interpersonal skills;
- having knowledge of not-for-profit healthcare organizations with a focus on medical-related issues is recommended;
- experience working with groups and/or volunteers with the ability to train, manage and guide them to achieving program goals;
- able to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced, diverse professional setting;
- willing to travel within your territory on a daily basis as well as occasional travel to other locations;
- willing to work outside normal hours including some evenings and weekends.
If you believe this describes you then apply now for immediate consideration.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.