ReStores accept donated building materials, furniture and appliances and sells them to the public at a fraction of retail prices to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s local home building projects.
There’s never a dull day at our fast paced, exciting ReStores. A typical shift involves loading and unloading cars and trucks, guiding volunteers, cashiering and helping customers with their awesome finds. All kinds of wonderful people make up our eclectic community-people like you who care about the environment and supporting affordable housing.
Be a part of the solution! Put your energy and enthusiasm to work for Habitat ReStores.
The ReStore Associate is responsible for working with other staff and volunteers to manage all aspects of day-to-day retail operations as directed. ReStore Associates are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
- Train volunteers to complete ReStore tasks and support with reviews and follow-up
- Greet donors and inspect donations; accept items that meet our guidelines and decline those that do not
- Clean and price donations; place priced items on the sales floor
- Clean and organize all store and receiving areas, including break and rest rooms, and outdoor areas
- Greet and assist customers in the store, including loading, measuring and answering questions
- Cashier and manage opening and closing of store
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of senior staff
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Manage time well, such as timely arrival for shift, reporting hours, taking appropriate breaks, and managing donation flow urgency
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Follow and enforce safety requirements with other staff and volunteers
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn new operations skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and nametag
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds with a Team left.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.