Habitat for Humanity partners with people in local communities, and all over the world, to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With community support, Habitat homebuyers achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHPME) is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement and top private home builder in the country. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities, the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. Habitat welcomes people from all walks of life to partner in serving families in need and creating a better community for everyone who lives here.
Through our 2021 Strategic Plan, HFHPME will serve more people than ever before through decent and affordable housing. This innovative and bold plan will triple the number of families served annually, and includes a shift to a new business model that leverages private fundraising with financial and nonprofit partnerships.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for managing the recruiting/hiring, employee engagement programs, and assisting the HR Manager with administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations for 90+ office, construction and retail (ReStore) employees. They will work to coordinate and collaborate cross-departmentally and uphold the organizational values of interconnectedness, equity and inclusion.
- Leads recruiting/hiring program for organization – prepares/posts/monitors position descriptions, screens applicants, coordinates interview process with hiring managers, tracks recruiting data analysis
- Leads employee engagement program -- tracks employee service and manages employee recognition program
- Serves as co-chair on Health, Safety and Environment Committee; assists with annual OSHA reporting and employee incidents/accidents
- Conducts new employee onboarding/orientations and off-boarding
- Partners with Communications Departments in scheduling new hire/staff photos, posting job descriptions on websites and developing HR printed/digital materials
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions
- Assists with the creation and distribution of benefit information materials, surveys, open enrollment materials and other HR materials
- Assists with timecard/payroll issues
- Provides payroll, performance management and investigation support
- Assists with Affirmative Action Tracking/Compliance
- Tracks time and attendance policy violations for ReStore employees and performance management documentation for entire organization
- Assists with implementation of new HRIS system
- Assists HR Manager with special HR projects and employee events
- Conducts research and compiles data as requested by staff and Leadership Team
- Serves as a general resource and supports all staff
- Strong Written and Oral Communication
- Ethical Practice and Confidentiality
- Relationship Building and Management
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Computer skills to include MS Office, Google Docs, HRIS programs
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
- Local travel to various Habitat office/retail locations is required periodically.
- This is a full-time, 40 hours/week position. Days and hours of work between Monday and Friday flexible.
- Employment is contingent on passing a background check.