The Portland Metro ReStores is looking for an energetic, motivated individual to join our professional management team. This position provides growth potential to an individual who is self-starting, communicative, and connected to the Habitat mission.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore Assistant Manager is responsible for establishing a productive flow of daily operations, ensuring the store upholds efficient, organized, profitable, and high functioning standards set forth by leadership. They are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
In partnership with the Store Manager, an Assistant Manager’s daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing store operations
- Employee performance
- Volunteer program success
- Customer service standards
- Upholding safe working conditions
- Volunteer and employee onboarding
- Assisting with performance management in coordination with Store Manager
- Assume the role of a Store Manager at the directive and/or in absence of the Store Manager
- Exhibit exemplary leadership and problem solving skills, including addressing unexpected issues and emergencies
- Effectively guide all aspects of store operations in coordination with Store Manager
- Manage customer and donor issues and complaints professionally and courteously
- Manage time and work-load efficiently, including timely arrivals and reports
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio.
- Effectively use, manage and teach volunteer management platform. Exposure to Volgistics a plus.
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn and teach new operations skills as program develops.
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and name tag.
- Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed.
- BA or BS degree preferred; equivalent work experience will qualify
- 2+ years of leadership/management experience
- Knowledge of Retail industry and environmental areas
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
- Excellent reading, writing, communication and basic math skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in an open warehouse retail environment. The position is very active and requires consistent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds with mechanical assistance or a team lift.
- Employment is contingent on passing a background.