Case Manager is responsible for developing a strategy for ensuring housing stability for clients and recruiting and training volunteers to assist families to maintain their housing.
Key Job Duties:
- Conducts phone screenings and face-to-face interviews with families seeking services
- Develops an individual, written case plan for family and sets a timeline.
- Assists with recruitment and training of volunteers
- Arranges referrals to social service agencies; maintains knowledge of community resources for housing, employment, and other needed services
- Maintains relationships with staff from other social services agencies
- FPSWPA typically houses 4 families at any given time
- At least three (3) years of experience in direct service related to shelter, housing, or family services preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in the areas of social work, psychology, or a related human service field required.
- Ability to serve families with compassion and maintain client adherence to program guidelines.
- Ability to recruit volunteers from communities of faith.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as effectively within a team.
- Must be 21 years of age or older. The ideal candidate will have a valid PA driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Will be required to apply for, and receive, Act 33/34 clearances (criminal and child abuse) and FBI clearance.